North & South English patch for Famicom?

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Hornedraccoon

North & South English patch for Famicom?

Post by Hornedraccoon » August 20th, 2017, 8:57 pm

I have looked everywhere for an English patch to the Famicom version of North & South w/out any luck :( Anybody know where I might find one compatible with the Retron 5?

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: North & South English patch for Famicom?

Post by R9delta » August 20th, 2017, 11:18 pm

No one has made one since a US version exists already. I'll see if I can whip up a jpn -> us conversion patch for you so check back in a day or 2 (doesn't take me that long normally but i wont have access to my pc for a little bit). Also keep in mind we have a patch section on this forum as well if you'd like to make requests there in the future.

You can find the patch section here: viewforum.php?f=4

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » August 21st, 2017, 12:11 pm

Hornedraccoon

Post by Hornedraccoon » August 22nd, 2017, 4:08 pm

Thanks R9 Delta! I didn't know there was a seperate section for those sorts of requests. I was kind of using this forum as a last resort not expecting anyone would even read it, let alone reply with the answer to all my problems, lol. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. This is one of those games that is near impossible to play through without understanding the text. I will give it a go now :)

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » August 22nd, 2017, 7:01 pm

Yeah this forum is a bit inactive these days unfortunately but as the guy around here that does patch requests and helps moderate i'll still check it pretty frequently so if you have any other requests don't hesitate to ask. Glad you found what you were looking for :)