SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Dottorkillex

Re: SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post by Dottorkillex » July 30th, 2016, 5:27 am

R9delta wrote:Nothing I could find on Super Drakken. As for Ys III try this one: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/240/

Unfortunately I don't have time to check if it works on the the Retron 5 or fix it so try it and see if it'll work for you...I'll fix it later when I get the time if not.

I just checked and unfortunately the patch doesn't work as it is: no error messages, still won't properly translate the japanese text.
Could you help (when you can, obviously)?
Thanks again and again

Dottorkillex

Post by Dottorkillex » August 1st, 2016, 4:12 am

Great!Have a nice week!

taelesoftheplayer

Post by taelesoftheplayer » August 24th, 2016, 8:44 am

Hi there, I have been wanting to play BOF 2 for so long and having heard about being able to ENG patch your Super Famicom games I was ecstatic, I checked out this forum and seen you had one ready to use.

I placed the file into the SD card and then into the back of the Retron 5, and of course put my Super Famicom cart of Breath of Fire 2 inside the console, selecting the patch I then pressed play.

The console wouldnt do anything, so when I pressed 'Play' again the console would freeze and turn into a black screen, I am unsure what the problem is as I tried it with 'and' without header and the same conclusion would happen, I am unsure which version my copy of BOF 2 is and I dont know how its possible to check out which version I have, could anyone lend a helping hand? :(

Ill put a picture of my cart here just incase you can tell from the sticker
Attachments
edited.jpg

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » August 24th, 2016, 12:47 pm

Breath of Fire 2 (JPN v1.0):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8ny83 ... 8US%29.ips

Breath of Fire 2 (JPN v1.1):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rzldu ... 8US%29.ips

Try v1.1. I've double checked v1.0 as well (it was fine as far as i can see but re-did it just to cover my bases) so if 1.1 doesn't work might want to try it too again. If this doesn't fix it for you it's not the patches that are the issue. Probably your cartridge or Retron itself then and unfortunately I wouldn't have any advice for you at that point.

I'm pretty positive you've got v1.0 from looking at the release date on your cartridge so i'm not really sure why the original patch didn't work for you if i'm being honest.

Also if a patch doesn't work that you downloaded from me the header option won't make a difference. I convert patches based on headerless roms to keep it simplified for users so if you use one of mine dont worry about the header.

taelesoftheplayer

Post by taelesoftheplayer » August 24th, 2016, 2:12 pm

I keep thinking I am doing it wrong but I honestly couldnt tell you...I had tried things like this with my other SFC games such as Dragon quest 1+2 for an english patch and I kept getting the same black screen, ill give this other patch a try for Breath of Fire 2 :)

Does the Retron have to be a specific firmare or software to use patches?

Dottorkillex

Post by Dottorkillex » August 27th, 2016, 7:48 pm

Hello there, I would like to request an ENG patch for Silva Saga II (Super Famicom).
Thanks in advance!

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » August 27th, 2016, 8:13 pm

Try this one first if you hadn't already:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1698/

If it doesn't work let me know and I'll take a look

Dottorkillex

Post by Dottorkillex » August 28th, 2016, 5:56 pm

I already tried it before posting and had no luck (sorry I didn't specify it in the previous post). Would be great if you can modify it (when you have time, no rush at all).
Thanks again.

EDIT: my bad, the file got somehow corrupted while copying it to the SD card, now it seems to work fine.
Thanks.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » August 29th, 2016, 10:37 pm

Awesome, glad it's working for you now. Figured it should work fine since that patch is made for a headerless rom (same way the Retron 5 dumps games) and there's not multiple versions of it.