SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Lilith
לילית

Re: SNES /SFC (JPN) to (US) Must have game conversions

Post by Lilith » October 30th, 2014, 6:51 pm

R9delta wrote:
I put one up but to be honest when it comes to NES/Famicom games there should be no need (barring a few exceptions.) NES games don't really have custom intros or headers that need removed so as long as the existing patch out there is written for your version of the cartridge you have, they should work as-is on the Retron 5 without needing my assistance. I always ask that people take it upon themselves to try the existing ones out there first before making a request. That said...for completion sake and just keeping a one-stop database that have patches that are guaranteed to work on their Retron I can still see the value in even having "redundant" patches on it.
That's right, I completely forgot FC/NES games require no real work. I feel bad for bothering you for an FC patch in that case, but at least you have all the Final Fantasy patches now (I think)

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » October 30th, 2014, 7:01 pm

You're good man, like I said at least for completion sake and ease of use for people that want to be sure the patch will work on their Retron 5 there's value anyway in having it in one place so I definitely agree there. I think for the most part I'm just missing Final Fantasy IIj (I've got the I+II cart covered) which i'll get to.

Lilith
לילית

Post by Lilith » November 22nd, 2014, 1:11 am

Jumped into Megadrive importing with Togi O : King Colossus. Do you need to bother with headers for Megadrive games, or are they fine without like NES/Famicom? If they're already good, I can just find a translation patch and patch it with that, right?

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » November 22nd, 2014, 2:07 am

Yeah there shouldnt be any headers you need to remove. The only issue that will come about is if the patch is in .xdelta format. If thats the case then you'll have to patch the rom on your computer and then make an ips patch yourself using lunar ips with the patched rom vs. the unpatched rom

Lilith
לילית

Post by Lilith » November 23rd, 2014, 5:24 am

I really hate to ask for this, but it's only because I can't find a translation myself. I'm aware that Famicom games don't need the header stuff. I've been looking for a Dragon Quest IV translation...I'm pretty sure the reason I can't find one is due to the US release on DS. However, I opted for the FC version because I dislike the bloat in remakes like that (same reason I got FF3 on FC)

LoneGun

Post by LoneGun » November 23rd, 2014, 8:45 am

Lilith wrote:I really hate to ask for this, but it's only because I can't find a translation myself. I'm aware that Famicom games don't need the header stuff. I've been looking for a Dragon Quest IV translation...I'm pretty sure the reason I can't find one is due to the US release on DS. However, I opted for the FC version because I dislike the bloat in remakes like that (same reason I got FF3 on FC)
Dragon Warrior IV was released in English on the NES. However, prices are pretty high for a NES game. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/dragon-warrior-iv-nes

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » November 23rd, 2014, 11:50 am

Yeah no one has made one likely due to the fact there's been no need to. Anyway I've made a patch myself to convert from DQ IV to the US version (Dragon Warrior IV):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e4icd ... 8US%29.ips

I realize it may not be ideal if you're a purist but that's about the best that can be done since no one has actually made a literal translation for the famicom version besides the official localization.

Lilith
לילית

Post by Lilith » November 23rd, 2014, 7:16 pm

R9delta wrote:Yeah no one has made one likely due to the fact there's been no need to. Anyway I've made a patch myself to convert from DQ IV to the US version (Dragon Warrior IV):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e4icd ... 8US%29.ips

I realize it may not be ideal if you're a purist but that's about the best that can be done since no one has actually made a literal translation for the famicom version besides the official localization.
Well, I guess that's good enough. At least now I won't be stuck with a Famicom cart with no translation patch. Thanks.

Super Famicom Mike

Post by Super Famicom Mike » November 24th, 2014, 12:38 am

Hey! I have been desperately looking for an english translation patch for GO GO Ackman 2!
Would you be able to do that??

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » November 24th, 2014, 9:38 am

Above my ability i'm afraid. I can fix translation patches that already exist to work on the Retron 5 or I can make a patch to convert from one rom to another and i can even stack multiple patches to convert into just 1 patch but if a translation patch doesn't exist yet there's nothing I can do.