Problems with SMS games after firmware update

Ask and assist the community with Retron 5.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Ruination777

Problems with SMS games after firmware update

Post by Ruination777 » June 18th, 2016, 6:53 pm

I installed the 2.3 beta firmware into the Retron 5, and now it refuses to play any of my sega master system games. I have a power base mini, and whenever I use it to play one of my master system games, it loads up and after two seconds says: Error, Cartage was removed. It does this with all of my games. It might be a problem with the power base mini, but I want to see if anyone else is having this problem too. It worked fine when I was using the 2.2 firmware.

Wetzlnator

Re: Problems with SMS games after firmware update

Post by Wetzlnator » June 25th, 2016, 3:53 pm

This is a known issue with the 2.3 beta 3 and also with the new 2.4. Master System games last worked with the 2.3 beta 2.

Ruination777

Post by Ruination777 » June 26th, 2016, 8:58 pm

Thank you for answering me. I'm glad someone finally did. I even e-mailed the company and haven't gotten an answer back from them yet.

Wetzlnator

Post by Wetzlnator » July 3rd, 2016, 8:10 am

With the latest Firmware 2.41 SMS games work again. So you just need to update to the latest Firmware now and it´ll work again.