SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
R9delta
Patch Master

Re: SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post by R9delta » April 19th, 2015, 10:15 am

No problem :)

Anyway from my experience and testing over months and months of this...the file name has no bearing on a patch's success from what i've seen...with a few obvious exceptions that you don't change the file name extension and that the file name is not excessively long. Of course anyone else is free to offer a second opinion but generally any patch that i've uploaded to my site should work as-is (which is what I aim for)
Last edited by R9delta on April 19th, 2015, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Datathrash

Post by Datathrash » April 19th, 2015, 12:55 pm

Excellent, thanks again!

Eddie

Post by Eddie » April 26th, 2015, 1:23 am

So I noticed you have a game conversion up for The Firemen Japan to US Prototype, is the game complete when patched? I did some digging around and read that the US Prototype rom is a "nearly complete" game. What does this mean?

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » May 3rd, 2015, 9:43 pm

The patch just takes the dumped japanese rom and converts it to the existing US prototype rom. It only makes it as complete as that rom is to begin with. I simply make patches to convert from one to another. No more, no less. My knowledge of the US prototype for the game is about just as limited as yours is. So to summarize what I actually know about it beyond that...well....

Beats me *shrugs* unfortunately I'm not sure just how complete it is

igno2k

Post by igno2k » May 17th, 2015, 3:08 am

Would it be possible to make the following Patches:

Chrono Trigger (Japan) -> Chrono Trigger (U) [T+Ger0.95_TransNation]
Super Mario RPG (Japan) -> Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars (U) [T+Ger0.99a_Alemanic]

Thanks a lot,
igno

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » May 17th, 2015, 1:18 pm

igno2k wrote:Would it be possible to make the following Patches:

Chrono Trigger (Japan) -> Chrono Trigger (U) [T+Ger0.95_TransNation]
Super Mario RPG (Japan) -> Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars (U) [T+Ger0.99a_Alemanic]

Thanks a lot,
igno
Yeah, easily. Unfortunately I won't have access to a computer until tonight but I'll see what I can do once I get the chance.

igno2k

Post by igno2k » May 17th, 2015, 4:13 pm

Cool - thank you!
Last edited by igno2k on May 18th, 2015, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » May 18th, 2015, 10:07 am

Chrono Trigger (Japan) to (German):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e6kpr ... GER%29.ips

Super Mario RPG (Japan) to (German):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k5yt8 ... GER%29.ips

There you go :) Though I will say while i appreciate the help (and it definitely did as it saved me some time) I would avoid sharing roms on here simply just to stay on the legal side as possible here. Although that's probably something for hikaricore to address more so than myself.

On a better note though if it's any help to you...you had actually already done a great majority of the work (finding the roms needed) that I do myself to make a patch. That alone is usually a 5 minute process and the rest of it is maybe a 3 minute process.

Here's the rest of what I did to make these patches for you in case you need something else made and i'm not available or taking more time than preferred:

1. Download SNES Rom Utility. That can be attained here: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/593/

2. Download Lunar IPS. It's available here: http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/

3. Put all your roms you are working with and both utilities in a folder you can easily access on your PC.

4. This step was not actually necessary in this particular case but i'll explain. Open SNES Rom Utility and open that japanese rom you're working with in it. In this case it was Chrono Trigger (Japan).sfc. If the option "Remove header" is available to do then do that and click ok. The rom it saves will be the new one you need to use. You can delete the old one. Rinse and repeat the same process for the rom your writing the patch to. In the case it would be Chrono Trigger (U) [T+Ger0.95_TransNation]. Again this step wasn't needed in your case as the roms you found and shared already had the header removed and the option to do so was greyed out.

5. Open Lunar IPS and click create patch. First you are going to choose the japanese rom you're making the patch from. Chrono Trigger (Japan).sfc. Next you're going to select the rom you're patch to. Chrono Trigger (U) [T+Ger0.95_TransNation]. Now name your patch or leave it as is.

That's it, you're done :) You can do the same thing for Super Mario RPG or any other SNES game you want to make a patch for

igno2k

Post by igno2k » May 18th, 2015, 1:13 pm

Thanks a lot!

The problem on my side is, that I do not own a Windows PC (Mac only) - so I cannot use the tools you mentioned in your guide. Maybe I will install Windows via Bootcamp in the future on my Mac so I can do the IPS patches by myself.

I've also removed the ROM download link.

Best regards,
igno

hikaricore
Site Admin

Post by hikaricore » May 19th, 2015, 12:14 am

Thank you kindly for doing so, as R9 said the legality of a standalone rom is questionable at best. For the sake of the community we'll stick to patches (at least in public communications). :)

Additionally a huge thanks to R9Delta for maintaining this thread, you do great things for all of us and it's appreciated.