hyper beach retron5 white screen then black

Ask and assist the community with Retron 5.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
zin0099

hyper beach retron5 white screen then black

Post by zin0099 » February 15th, 2024, 7:45 pm

i just recieved my hyper beach retron5 in the mail.....i followed the retroRGB turtorial

https://www.retrorgb.com/how-to-install ... freak.html

i was able to get to the recovery menu and did like the instructions said wipe data/factory reset

i was installing retrofreaks 2.5 with 32gb SD card(not Micro sd)

i got the white screen of death...then proceeded to use the retron 5 recovery tools.......

i can get my retron5 to connect to both my laptops 1) is running windows 11 which i used first

2) windows 10 on another laptop

both connect i get the blue box on RKBatchTool and run the restore.img and i flashed it about 6 times now and each time windows 11/10 successfully flashes the restore.img.

anyway after i do the flashing my retron5 shows a white screen then goes black and hangs there.

could it be that the hyper beach retron5 is got new firmware that needs to be hacked still? i still can connect to the RKBatchtool by maskrom....so i dont think iam out of game just yet.

let me know what can be done....i just really want to dump my roms

zin0099

Re: hyper beach retron5 white screen then black

Post by zin0099 » February 15th, 2024, 9:05 pm

Still can’t get it to go past the black screen but I did take the recovery software from hyperkins website and win32installer the Img file to an SD card then took the update.img that was on the SD from flashing the SD and used the RKbatch tool to flash the console…. Interesting to note is the RetroN5 only hangs on a white screen now rather than a White to Black screen

zin0099

Re: hyper beach retron5 white screen then black

Post by zin0099 » February 16th, 2024, 7:09 pm

What is the j10 and j2 ports on the cartridge board for retron5 for????
Attachments
17081249998241850314739912424341.jpg