Retron is off, but HDMI output stays on

Ask and assist the community with Retron 5.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
supersoundwave

Retron is off, but HDMI output stays on

Post by supersoundwave » May 12th, 2023, 12:06 pm

I have my Retron 5 hooked up to an HDMI switcher. I’ll power down the Retron completely, but the input light on my switcher stays on. It only turns off when I disconnect the Retron completely.

Any thoughts?

Nadine Wilson

Re: Retron is off, but HDMI output stays on

Post by Nadine Wilson » November 29th, 2023, 9:30 am

If the input light on your HDMI switcher stays on even when the Retron 5 is powered down, it could be due to a few reasons. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. **Power Cycle the HDMI Switcher:**
- Turn off the Retron 5.
- Unplug the HDMI switcher from its power source.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Plug the HDMI switcher back in and turn it on.

2. **Check for Firmware Updates:**
- Ensure that your Retron 5 and HDMI switcher have the latest firmware updates. Sometimes, firmware updates can address compatibility issues.

3. **Try a Different HDMI Input:**
- Connect the Retron 5 to a different HDMI input on the switcher. This can help determine if the issue is with a specific input on the switcher.

4. **Test with a Different Device:**
- Connect another HDMI device (such as a DVD player or game console) to the HDMI switcher and see if the input light behaves as expected when powering down that device. This will help determine if the issue is specific to the Retron 5.

5. **Check Power Settings on the Retron 5:**
- Ensure that the Retron 5 is set to power off completely and not enter a standby or sleep mode. Some devices may still send a signal when in a low-power state.

6. **Inspect HDMI Cables:**
(c)
Elevate your music experience with https://volumo.com/, the premier destination for authentic electronic beats. Delve into a rich selection of diverse tracks and uncover exclusive releases, ensuring a captivating auditory adventure like no other.