SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Ixxat

Re: SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post by Ixxat » January 22nd, 2015, 7:26 pm

I can't seem to get the ips for DQ6 by no progress to work properly.
Can this be fixed? :D

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 22nd, 2015, 8:27 pm

I fixed up the DQ6 patch up some time ago for the Retron 5. You can grab it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lr4ga ... est+VI.ips

Works great on my own personal cartridge of it.

ZForceFFC

Post by ZForceFFC » January 22nd, 2015, 11:04 pm

I have an IPS Patch for Super Fire Pro Wrestling Queens Special that gets loaded by the R5 fine, but it messes up the mode select screen and when I pick a mode, all I get is a black screen that never advances (although the music still plays) I know the game works fine in my system without the patch though. I also know I think I had the same problem playing a patched version of the game on my PSP SNES emulator. Is there just a problem with this patch in general?

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 22nd, 2015, 11:51 pm

It could be something about the patch that doesn't mesh well with SNES9x (what the Retron 5 uses). Unfortunately in a case like that there's not much that can be done from the user's end.

ZForceFFC

Post by ZForceFFC » January 23rd, 2015, 6:12 am

That would make sense since that's what I used on PSP too. I also found a UPS patch for that game, would that possibly work better?

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 23rd, 2015, 11:36 am

You could try but if its just a UPS version of the same patch I wouldn't imagine that it would fix the issue (sounds more like a problem with the emulation). I could be wrong though

ZForceFFC

Post by ZForceFFC » January 28th, 2015, 4:31 pm

I did try out that UPS patch for FP Queen's Special. and it worked fine, so maybe the one I was using before was outdated

Lilith
לילית

Post by Lilith » January 29th, 2015, 3:02 am

Got in the mood to try out Fire Emblem more after some FE Awakening tonight, so...

I found a patch for Mystery of the Emblem, but it has a header. http://www.romhacking.net/translations/961/

Thanks R9Delta :D

Also I know NES/FC/Gen/MD games don't require you to mess with the header and have been (in my experience) good from the get go (I did Bare Knuckle III this way, and that was perfect), but do GBA games need any extra work?

hikaricore
Site Admin

Post by hikaricore » January 29th, 2015, 3:09 am

GBA titles are rampant with headers if memory serves.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 29th, 2015, 10:17 am

Warez groups were all about adding their garbage intros to roms to get their 15 minutes of fame back in the GBA days...so yeah lol, headers are a huge problem when it comes to those. That and laziness is partially why I don't really bother with making GBA patches (plus the fact that I don't really own a lot of GBA games personally anymore).