SF30 Pro Compatibility ?

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Jawessome

SF30 Pro Compatibility ?

Post by Jawessome » March 6th, 2018, 8:55 am

Hi everyone and thanks for having me here.

I am just wondering if the SF30 Pro from 8bitdo is compatible with the Retron 5.

Can anyone vouch for how to get it to sync?

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: SF30 Pro Compatibility ?

Post by R9delta » March 7th, 2018, 8:05 pm

You can get it to sync through an SNES Retro Receiver that 8bitdo makes. The native Retron 5 sync mode on the older SF/SFC/NES/FC30's were dropped after they added Switch support and by the time the SF30 Pro came around there was no support for that anymore period. So the only way to do it now is by way of plugging in an SNES receiver to one of the Retron 5's controller ports and sync to that.

stone

Post by stone » January 24th, 2019, 3:26 pm

crazy, i bought mine just for this, i'm glad i got it when there was still support, sad though that they never updated the support to be able to stay synced (it runs fine but i have to sync it everytime i boot the retron). however i got a krikzz joyzz recently, it only works through a receiver, but i feel like it has less input lag and i don't need a wired controller to sync my sf30 anymore. so i got that going for me lol

Jawessome

Post by Jawessome » January 24th, 2019, 8:09 pm

Thanks R9delta. I did just that.

For a second player, I also got a Krikzz Megadrive joylad with the wireless receiver. Being non bluetooth, it does make a massive difference with input lag.

stone

Post by stone » February 12th, 2019, 5:47 pm

you know i didn't mention that 8bitdo's website has the firmware that still works with the retron 5, check their downloads section, it would be for their older controllers, and get the 3.00 legacy firmware, it will sync without a receiver, which can be annoying as you have to re pair it every single time you turn the SF30 on. i think this only applys to the older ones though, mine is the SFC30 which it's counterpart is the SNES30, and their pro counterparts work too. i did find firmware 2.67 for this thing, and i looked for it because i found a video of a guy using this firmware and it saved his sync, so if that works i'll post here about it again.

stone

Post by stone » February 13th, 2019, 11:04 am

2.67 worked btw, you can get the firmware here https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/gamin ... -267.shtml this should work for the N30, F30, SN30 and SF30, there is probably a similar firmware for the pro versions but i don't have one so i really don't know if it works as well as this. install the drivers like normal, turn controller on with start+A+B+L+R, don't use start+L anymore, when you sync, you don't even need to hold select, it should just sync if when you pair it if you just turned it on. once synced it will stay synced, just make sure to turn the controller one with start+A+B+L+R and you will no longer have to pair it every use.