retronlabo CFW

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
stone

retronlabo CFW

Post by stone » January 24th, 2019, 11:22 am

curious to how many people actually have this firmware, i got it from back in like 2015, which works great for anything that doesn't require a bios. wishing i had paid more attention when i got it now because you can't access his forums anymore and the information regarding running bios is scarce atm, only real thread i can find about this is here.
https://assemblergames.com/threads/look ... 92/page-16
which i have done all this, and excessively tried different bios and roms but no luck. kinda hoping someone here had his CFW and can shed some light on the issue for me. i have renamed all my cues to point towards the games bins correctly and changed the setting in the ini file to check proper region, also put all the right bios in to the core folder. loaded exactly like is said and done in video but never get sega cd to run (been trying this before i move to work consoles that need bios lol). i know only a handful of people even got this firmware but this feels like the place to ask about it lol