SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
R9delta
Patch Master

Re: SNES /SFC (JPN) to (US) Must have game conversions

Post by R9delta » January 4th, 2015, 11:03 am

If anyone still needs to make requests i'm back to monitoring this thread now. I hope everyone had a good christmas and happy new years :)

hikaricore
Site Admin

Post by hikaricore » January 4th, 2015, 11:53 pm

Welcome back! :D

Wolfeman90

Post by Wolfeman90 » January 8th, 2015, 12:29 pm

Hi I am new to forums and IPS patching.

First off I want to say thank you all for the work you have put in to making these patches I have been thoroughly enjoying them. I have been trying for days to get several games to patch properly with no progress. I have found that Famicom and GBA games are a breeze to patch but Super Famicom games give me trouble. Anyway I was hoping you guys could help me out. The games I have been having trouble patching are as follows.

-Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden 1-3
-Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu
-Metal Max 2/Returns
-Romancing Saga 2

If you guys could help I would appreciate it greatly.
Thanks,
Wolfeman90

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 8th, 2015, 3:06 pm

I'll see what I can do but a lot of the DBZ patches are either incomplete or there are multiple translations out there with one much better than the other. If you can link all of the patches you're trying to use specifically I'll fix them up for you...otherwise I'll just have to use what i can find so you might be unhappy with that depending on the result. The 2 I could find for Romancing SaGa 2 as well are really incomplete..so again if you can point me to the one you would prefer to get fixed up that would be appreciated.

Metal Max Returns:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/slajz ... eturns.ips

Metal Max 2 doesn't look like it's had a translation released. All I could find is the project page for it and a claim that it's been 20% completed thus far but no release. Sorry I can't fix what doesn't exist. That said if i'm mistaken and you've got a patch for it, link me to it as well and i'll fix it to work on the Retron 5.

Wolfeman90

Post by Wolfeman90 » January 9th, 2015, 2:39 am

Well honestly I was completely mistaken about Metal Max 2 and Metal Max Returns. I thought they were the same game. Now I suppose I am going to have to get Metal Max Returns. Thank you for making the patch I will use it in the future and maybe it will benefit others in the meantime. I can't seem to find any patches whatsoever for Metal Max 2. I did find the page you were referring to that is only 20% done. As far as the DBZ games go I was just trying to use patches I found on romhacking.net. Same goes for Romancing Saga 2. I would be happy with anything that would make the games at least somewhat easier to navigate. I know I am not being any help at all but I am completely new to this.

Thanks,
Wolfeman90

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 9th, 2015, 2:46 am

No problem man, in that case i'll see what I can do :) It might be until later on tomorrow night though as i'm troubleshooting my motherboard and playing with a new graphics card at the moment

Gameophile

Re: SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post by Gameophile » January 10th, 2015, 7:14 pm

Hi :) I was wondering if you could do a translation patch for Gundam Cross Dimension 0079. I've just tried turning the 'patch expects header' option to on and running the game with the patch from Romhacking.net and I still get a blank screen. The patch I downloaded is here http://www.romhacking.net/translations/830/

Thanks

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 10th, 2015, 9:12 pm

Mobile Suit Gundam: Cross Dimension 0079:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ue1i ... n+0079.ips

Romancing SaGa 2's translation is incomplete and will probably stay that way but i've fixed the most current existing one to work with the Retron 5.

Romancing SaGa 2:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4jgxk ... SaGa_2.ips

Gameophile

Post by Gameophile » January 10th, 2015, 11:59 pm

Wow! Thanks a lot R9delta, you're a star. Very much appreciated. :D

1pil

Post by 1pil » January 12th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Question. I was wondering if anyone has gotten Famicom Disk system roms to play yet. I know the file is different from "nes" files but since the nes emulators can play them I was wondering if you guys knew if it'd work with a NES cartridge. Playing Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic for example...just wondering. If not that's okay. Because I can't seem to find Splatter House rom other than the disk system version in rom format. Which is odd I thought it was released on disk system and on normal Famicom. Because I thought I played a ".nes" rom version of Splatter House a long time ago. Maybe I am wrong about that? hmm...again no big deal if we can't I just wanted to ask and get it out of the way. Good work getting the Romancing SaGa 2 patch to work. That's cool. And yes it's really upsetting not seeing those translations being finished. I always wanted to play the Saga games from start to finish in order.