Trouble with translation patches

Please credit the original individual or team if you are not posting your own work.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Joppy24

Trouble with translation patches

Post by Joppy24 » March 28th, 2018, 12:14 am

My Retron 5 have trouble to read English translation patch.

1. Far East of Eden: Tengai Makyo Zero (Super Famicom) (patch- Tom)

2. Alcahest (Super Famicom) (patch- KingMike)

3. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (Super Famicom) (patch - Aeon Genesis)

4. Glory of Heracles (Famicom) (patch- DvD)

I use latest and complete English patches but it is not working on Retron 5. Can you help me? Thank you.

Joppy24

Re: Trouble with translation patches

Post by Joppy24 » March 28th, 2018, 2:00 am

I found your file. Alcahest patch and Tactics Ogre patch. I downloaded your file for patches. It is perfect working! Thank you so much! 2 another patches left. Can you help me with 2 another patches?

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » March 28th, 2018, 6:11 am

Far East of Eden (translated) is never going to work on the Retron 5 due to the changes the patch makes. It’s emulation related and Hyperkin doesn’t update the Retron 5 anymore. As for the other I’ll take a look at some point but I don’t really have the time to consistently make patches anymore.

Joppy24

Post by Joppy24 » March 29th, 2018, 4:41 am

I see. What a shame. I don't understand why Hyperkin doesn't update the Retron 5 anymore. I will try to contact Hyperkin about update for patches. I wondering will Far East of Eden translated working on Retrofreak? Is Retrofreak still keep to update?

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » March 29th, 2018, 8:34 am

Not likely no. Cybergadget did just release an update but it doesn't address Far East of Eden and I have doubts that they will as the emulators aren't their code. Anything's possible I guess though.

Escaeva

Post by Escaeva » May 8th, 2018, 1:29 pm

Hello, I am having the same problem with Alcahest. I downloaded the patch from romhacking (I have a Japanese cart) and it does not seem to work.

Where exactly did you find the patch that works on the Retron 5? I have tried searching the board but could not find it ^^;

Thanks so much in advance,
From the fringes of Algo.....

Escaeva

Post by Escaeva » May 8th, 2018, 1:49 pm

I found your MediaFire files R9delta...and WOW!!! Basically every problem translation I had you have fixed ^^ thanks so much for your service to the community! That's amazing!

Thanks again!
From the fringes of Algo.....