Unofficial Compatibility List

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
dashv
Site Moderator

Re: Unofficial Compatibility List

Post by dashv » January 3rd, 2016, 7:25 pm

I see it's like $5 shipped. Is it any good? Reviews are mixed.

eeztheman

Post by eeztheman » February 6th, 2016, 6:55 am

Hi There,

Has anyone had the same trouble with the following games?

Robocop - Game Boy

Just loops on the title screen......cannot get any further

Fantasy Zone 2 - Famicom

Error Dumping Rom

Nigel Mansell Racing - Super Famicom

All works fine, but no sound.

All of these games work fine on their original machine though......

shanafan

Post by shanafan » June 17th, 2016, 11:42 pm

Battletoads for NES.. getting failed to dump rom.

However, it works on a Retron3. Hmm.

DeathByBFG

Post by DeathByBFG » June 28th, 2016, 5:54 am

Weird you're getting that. What firmware are you using? I've played Battletoads on my Retron 5 a few times and the game loaded fine. Almost beat the turbo tunnel too! :-D

Djtwok

Post by Djtwok » August 4th, 2016, 9:35 am

eeztheman wrote:Hi There,

Has anyone had the same trouble with the following games?

Robocop - Game Boy

Just loops on the title screen......cannot get any further

Fantasy Zone 2 - Famicom

Error Dumping Rom

Nigel Mansell Racing - Super Famicom

All works fine, but no sound.

All of these games work fine on their original machine though......
Robocop same problem here. Also not working my tototek megacart.

Xemmber

Post by Xemmber » June 26th, 2017, 12:09 pm

It turns out there's at least two US realeses of Dr. Chaos. You can tell them apart by looking at the "Quality Seal" sticker. Here's some information.
I'm guessing they've got different CRC values, since the Retron 5 console can't identify my cart.
Xemmber wrote:I get a "Rom dump error" or "Unknown cartridge" message with my Dr. Chaos (US) cartridge. Is there anyone that got his/her Dr. Chaos cart to work?

Xemmber

Post by Xemmber » August 1st, 2017, 11:37 am

Two games that has cheats, but when you insert a cartride, you get "No cheats for this game". Retron 5 actually recognizes the games, but no cheats. The games are:
Pro Wrestling (NES USA)
Centurion Defender of Rome (Genesis USA)

I guess there's no way around this? :(

DeProfundis

Post by DeProfundis » November 23rd, 2017, 3:45 am

Want to make a quick inquiry about the compatibility list, as when I click on it, google docs tells me the file no longer exists. Is this the case, or is something missing on my end?

DeathByBFG

Post by DeathByBFG » December 26th, 2017, 12:49 pm

Is this list still active? I was looking for it to reference something but it doesn't seem to exist anymore.

mikeyz84

Post by mikeyz84 » January 29th, 2018, 12:56 am

I was wondering the same thing with the list, since it's been a month later. Guess I'll hope somebody can help me. Or direct me to somewhere that can help me on it!

The first problem I've had has been a major issue: I have 3 regular Super Nes controllers, and an older "RetroDuo" one that plays with the Retron5 but all the buttons' response to jumping, firing, etc is delayed a half second or so. And all the games like Super Mario World for it-which I used to be awesome at-I can barely get by any stage without dying!! I am one of the guys who knows what he's doing too, so I hold in the B to play each stage in running fashion and that just makes it worse! Do I need to buy different specific controllers for this? I'll look on eBay, but don't wanna waste my money on something that's gonna help nothing! I programmed each controller port for SNES on the Menu screen (controller mapping), so I'm lost here! I also have the main controller that came with it and its CPU port to plug it in is iffy, and that could be the reason it doesn't want to operate at all.

2nd: I, too have the issue with "failed to dump ROM" on every single NES game that I've tried." I know what taking a dump means lol, but no clue how I've "failed to dump"....anyone know? Super NES works perfect except in the button response delay..