I think my system is bricked

Ask and assist the community with Retron 5.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
tommylink

I think my system is bricked

Post by tommylink » October 4th, 2016, 11:09 pm

I bought a retron 5 from amazon about 2 weeks ago. Last night after I removed an SD card from the system and turn it on all my system will do is turn on the 5 blue lights when it starts up. No recovery menu, no main menu, the console is obviously on and stays on for several minutes before powering itself down. I have try to put an SD card with the recovery app on it and so far nothing.

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: I think my system is bricked

Post by R9delta » October 6th, 2016, 3:29 pm

System is probably shot beyond any kind of repair you can do personally. You can contact hyperkin but they're generally known for not properly taking care of warranty issues (or at all). Best thing you can do is go through Amazon's A to Z coverage/return policy. I would be super shocked if Amazon didnt take care of you given how recently you've purchased the product.