Retron 5 0.3.0 Update missing?

Instructions for installing and details on obtaining the latest stable and beta firmware updated for the Retron 5.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
trilliondollarbills

Retron 5 0.3.0 Update missing?

Post by trilliondollarbills » July 17th, 2016, 8:53 pm

I went to install the newest versions of firmware and system software on my Retron 5, but I started with the firmware update to 2.4. After I added that update, I went to get the latest system software, which is 0.3.0, but the official website that it should be on (http://retron5.in/node/2, the first download link) appears to be broken. The download link brings me to an xml page that says "access denied". Without the new firmware update, my Retron doesn't allow me to play anything, and only comes up with a message that demands the latest firmware. I tried a factory reset, but the system still wants an update.

Is there another place that the 0.3.0 update is hosted? Is there another way around this? Has anyone else had this problem?

tootyuk

Re: Retron 5 0.3.0 Update missing?

Post by tootyuk » July 22nd, 2016, 2:41 pm

I had a different problem (posted on here a few minutes ago) I saw your post and followed the link the 2.41 update (I could apply that) but the 0.3.0 d/l that I have from hyperkins main site still wont install and I'm now in the same position as you, I think their source file is corrupt

mmmierau@gmail.com

Post by mmmierau@gmail.com » August 12th, 2017, 4:30 pm

I have the same problem as well did you every find a fix?

stone

Post by stone » January 8th, 2021, 9:11 pm

the retron update and the software update are two different things. you install the software updates like a factory reset where the retron updates install normally when you have to send them your dat file