Retro Freak v1.5 (Feb 4 2016)

News & Updates related to Retro Freak hardware, software, and accessories.
Forum rules
Retro Freak is trademarked CYBER Gadget Corporation. Retro Freak name is copyright CYBER Gadget Corporation. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Lilith
לילית

Retro Freak v1.5 (Feb 4 2016)

Post by Lilith » February 4th, 2016, 8:40 pm

New firmware update and it fixes quite a bit including the overheat problem. You can download it without grabbing a request file off the console first, which is nice.

http://www.cybergadget.co.jp/support/retrofreak/update/ (Use Google Translate)

Update:

So I tested it. Works great and I did not need the update request file from the console which makes it waaay easier. This update lets you hold the Y button and press up/down on the directional pad so the game list scrolls by pages rather than individual titles which makes it MUCH faster to get to your game if you have long lists like me. It also returns you to the previous position in the list when you are done with your selection instead of throwing you back to the top of the list. Oh thank you so much for that!

They added a new category game area for the Sega Mark III/Game Gear for the upcoming adapter and appropriate roms. Looks like another update is coming when the adapter is released as well. There are some nice changes here for sure.

Change list via Google Translate:

2016.02.04 [NEW]

Version 1.5
Application : ver1.5 (build2737)]
[ System Software : ver0.2.0]
※ includes updates of the system software .
Free space of about 180MB to microSD to be used in the update is required .

· Added [GG / SG / MKIII] button to microSD menu. So far [MD] MKIII game that has been displayed in will be displayed in the [GG / SG / MKIII]. ※ The GG / SG-1000 games of action for is not supported. It will be addressed in an update at the time of gear converter released.

* Added the Game Gear / MK3 / SG] in [game to play] of each [Operation]. So far [game to play: Mega Drive operation set in the game for the go which was MKIII is, [game to play: Game Gear / MK3 / SG] can be set in.

· Added [RATING] button to microSD menu. The [RATING] within, all models of the game with a star (1-5) at the rate will be displayed.

• In the game list has been changed to the specification for storing the last cursor position. (Valid until the power is turned off)

• The game list and code list were added the following: a. (Only when the standard controller used)
Press and hold the Y button ↑: page up
Press and hold the Y button ↓: page down

Fixed a bug that can not use the controller , which is registered to the player 3 or later at the family computer .

Game Region set to when you change to other than [ Auto] Fixed a bug that is not displayed correctly .

Body during the game play in some of the body becomes high temperature , has been resolved the problem that the freeze or reboot .

- Improved the stability of the operation .

- The database of game information has been updated .

· Fixed a bug in the game of the operation part . Please check the [ http://www.cybergadget.co.jp/support/re ... list/8077/] operation has improved the game in ver1.5.

imhotep333

Re: Retro Freak v1.5 (Feb 4 2016)

Post by imhotep333 » April 22nd, 2016, 3:46 pm

I DESPERATELY need help with something. I just got the Retro Freak Console on the 5th of this month and last night on the 21st the console conked out on me. My best guess is because it overheated and I tried for over an hour to get the console to work but I was very unsuccessful. I'm real angry right now because I expected this console to out duel the Retron 5 as far as durability is concerned. I'm thinking about shipping this console and exchange it for another one from Play Asia.com.

I'm I missing something regarding this Retro Freak console? It sounds like you know a little something about how to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Lilith
לילית

Re: Retro Freak v1.5 (Feb 4 2016)

Post by Lilith » April 22nd, 2016, 6:26 pm

imhotep333 wrote:I DESPERATELY need help with something. I just got the Retro Freak Console on the 5th of this month and last night on the 21st the console conked out on me. My best guess is because it overheated and I tried for over an hour to get the console to work but I was very unsuccessful. I'm real angry right now because I expected this console to out duel the Retron 5 as far as durability is concerned. I'm thinking about shipping this console and exchange it for another one from Play Asia.com.

I'm I missing something regarding this Retro Freak console? It sounds like you know a little something about how to solve this problem.

Thanks.
Were you using the filters? I hear they can contribute to overheating.

Other than that, I have no idea. I have had mine since January with no problem.