How to roll back update

Instructions for installing and details on obtaining the latest stable and beta firmware updated for the Retron 5.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
KlownKefka

How to roll back update

Post by KlownKefka » March 21st, 2016, 9:34 am

So I found out today that Breath of Fire I & II in JPN don't work on the console, but there are English patches available for them so I believe it's due to an update. How do I roll back the Retron 5 to a previous update so I can test compatibility?

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: How to roll back update

Post by R9delta » March 21st, 2016, 3:40 pm

It doesn't require anything special to downgrade. You can just download and install any update you want the same as you would the most current one. That said it's a bit odd that BoF I and II do not work. I don't have the Retron 5 anymore (mine overheated itself to death and i've replaced it with a Retro Freak since then) but it seems like those 2 games should work on any firmware..hopefully there's not another issue going on.

KlownKefka

Post by KlownKefka » March 23rd, 2016, 11:42 am

Thanks. I'll have to try that.

Yeah I was surprised too. But they boot up fine on my SNES, and other SNES games load fine on my Retron5 so it's the only thing I can think of.

Xemmber

Post by Xemmber » July 2nd, 2016, 3:49 am

DSCF1407B.JPG

I'm trying to downgrade to v2.3 BETA 2, so I can get game CRC information. But when I try to install the downgrade I get an Error Code 1001. Any solutions to this?

I'm currently running v2.41 on my Retron 5.
Reason I need the CRC is because I'm trying to get the cheat codes to work with a few cartridges.

If anyone knows another way of obtaining the CRC information, please tell me.

The Punisher (Genesis ) has a lot of cheat codes, but they don't show up on the console. Same thing with Silent Service on NES. So I'm hoping to edit the CRC code on the cheat file and get those game to work with cheats. (Like this guy did)

crash76er

Post by crash76er » December 29th, 2017, 1:30 pm

I am having this same issue with cheat codes and trying to roll back my firmware update to get the diagnostics screen to obtain the CRC code for my game.

I have downloaded an old firmware v2.3 beta3 into my SD card and nothing happens when I put it in the Retron 5.

I am currently running application v2.5 (build 3072). System software v0.3.4

Any help would be appreciated!

crash76er

Post by crash76er » December 30th, 2017, 12:12 am

Ok, I got the old firmware to load, but then I get the error 1001 screen.

Is there anyway to get the crc code from a game so I can get my cheats to work????!!!!!!

ugh!!! :/