SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Dottorkillex

Re: SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post by Dottorkillex » March 8th, 2016, 4:35 am

As always, thank you. Hope you don't bother if I keep posting requests.
By the way, what's the difference between the two versions (and all the other ver 1.0 and 1.1 found in your Retron 5 patches)?

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » March 8th, 2016, 11:49 am

Some publishers and developers put out multiple versions of a game. A good example might be something like Final Fantasy III (VI), the first release was kind of buggy so Square released a revision. Revenge of Shinobi is another good example, since there's like 3 revisions of it. If there's multiple versions of a game then I have to fix up multiple patches since there's no "one size fits all" kind of thing. I have no way of telling version a user making the requests has (and likely neither do they) so I just make patches for all versions of the particular game that they might have. So basically if one patch doesn't work for you because that's not the version you have then try the other.

Dottorkillex

Post by Dottorkillex » March 8th, 2016, 3:43 pm

R9delta wrote:Some publishers and developers put out multiple versions of a game. A good example might be something like Final Fantasy III (VI), the first release was kind of buggy so Square released a revision. Revenge of Shinobi is another good example, since there's like 3 revisions of it. If there's multiple versions of a game then I have to fix up multiple patches since there's no "one size fits all" kind of thing. I have no way of telling version a user making the requests has (and likely neither do they) so I just make patches for all versions of the particular game that they might have. So basically if one patch doesn't work for you because that's not the version you have then try the other.

Great to know. Thanks for the explanation.
Is it ok with you If I keep posting requests, let's say one per week or so?

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » March 8th, 2016, 4:55 pm

I don't mind requests and ill do them when I can as I always have for now but keep in mind I have other things in my life so I may not always get to them right then.

Dottorkillex

Post by Dottorkillex » March 9th, 2016, 4:46 am

That's obvious, no problem at all. I'll write them down here and you can do them when you have time and if you have it.
You're offering a great help to whoever possesses Retron 5, not just me.
Thanks.

Dottorkillex

Post by Dottorkillex » March 13th, 2016, 7:11 am

Request of the week: Rent a hero (japanese mega drive) from japanese to english.
Thank you.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » March 15th, 2016, 2:11 am

Try this one first:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2309/

If it doesn't work let me know and i'll see what I can do. As is I would just be ripping the patch off the romhacking.net page and copying it into mine since it looks like there's no work that needs to be done to make it Retron 5 compliant at first glance. It's hosted in a 7zip file to make sure you have something like WinRAR or 7zip installed if not already to open it and copy the patch to your Retron 5's SD card. There also seems to be a Genesis patch in there and an MD patch, I don't think it really matters which one you use.

Also I've made a Genesis/MD request thread on this site:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=405

If you have any other requests specifically for that system I'd post it there.

Dottorkillex

Post by Dottorkillex » March 15th, 2016, 4:26 am

R9delta wrote:Try this one first:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2309/

If it doesn't work let me know and i'll see what I can do. As is I would just be ripping the patch off the romhacking.net page and copying it into mine since it looks like there's no work that needs to be done to make it Retron 5 compliant at first glance. It's hosted in a 7zip file to make sure you have something like WinRAR or 7zip installed if not already to open it and copy the patch to your Retron 5's SD card. There also seems to be a Genesis patch in there and an MD patch, I don't think it really matters which one you use.

Also I've made a Genesis/MD request thread on this site:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=405

If you have any other requests specifically for that system I'd post it there.
I have no way to try it since I'm away from home for work at least for a week, but it's ok if you say it will work without issues.
I also have bookmarked the MD request page and will keep posting there for that console.
Thank you.

KlownKefka

Post by KlownKefka » March 18th, 2016, 9:14 am

@R9Delta, when you have time can you fix the link for the patch for Breath of Fire 1 from JPN to English please? It's broken.

EDIT: Nevermind, if I go to the actual MediaFire page it downloads fine. For some reason the link you posted on the forum directly to the Breath of Fire translation doesn't though.

Thanks for the translations, you're the best.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » March 18th, 2016, 2:34 pm

Glad you were able to get it :) Thanks for the heads up, link has been fixed.