New to Retron 5 and game saving

Post whatever you want here. Just don't make fun of Chris Galliano or we might get sued.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Retro Freak is trademarked CYBER Gadget Corporation. Retro Freak name is copyright CYBER Gadget Corporation. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
grimlock16

New to Retron 5 and game saving

Post by grimlock16 » January 10th, 2016, 3:00 pm

Greetings.

Noobie question.

I have a Retron 5 and a copy of Pokemon Yellow.. I've been playing on the retron 5 and saving but the game said when i plugged it into my gameboy that there was no save file. So am i doing something wrong with the saving process? This also happened on a different game. Now i have left it disconnected for some time and the game save is still there when plugged into a gameboy. I know i may have to replace the batteries in my older games soon but am i missing something that saves to the retron 5 instead of the cartridge? Shouldn't selecting save in the game save to the cartridge?

jonathan213

Re: New to Retron 5 and game saving

Post by jonathan213 » January 24th, 2016, 1:29 pm

I think it saves direct to the retron, there is an option to copy save to cart though.

DeathByBFG

Post by DeathByBFG » January 26th, 2016, 11:44 pm

It saves right to the Retron 5. If you want to put your save on the cartridge you'll have to use the copy save to cart feature from the Retron 5 interface.

grimlock16

Post by grimlock16 » January 28th, 2016, 8:30 pm

thank you i will look for it.