SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Danneee

Re: SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post by Danneee » January 24th, 2016, 3:33 am

Ah, sorry about that. Had the thread bookmarked and didn't realize it was SNES/NES until now!

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 24th, 2016, 1:27 pm

I looked into patch you asked for by the way. Unfortunately if it doesn't work as is there isn't really anything i can do. That patch is made to apply to a verified good dump of the game so if your repro doesn't work it's because there's something that's different about it that throws the patch off no matter how subtle the change is. I would need a copy of the rom from your exact cartridge to fix it.

jonathan213

Post by jonathan213 » January 24th, 2016, 1:32 pm

are there any patches to translate final fight 1 + 2 from Japanese to English?

Looking at the J carts as the price is a lot cheaper, than the pal.

Danneee

Post by Danneee » January 24th, 2016, 4:43 pm

R9delta wrote:I looked into patch you asked for by the way. Unfortunately if it doesn't work as is there isn't really anything i can do. That patch is made to apply to a verified good dump of the game so if your repro doesn't work it's because there's something that's different about it that throws the patch off no matter how subtle the change is. I would need a copy of the rom from your exact cartridge to fix it.
I see, thanks for looking into it though!

jonathan213

Post by jonathan213 » January 25th, 2016, 4:42 pm

Amazing! Thanks

dark_nanaki

Post by dark_nanaki » January 27th, 2016, 1:56 pm

Hey R9delta!

First of all I would like to thank you for this amazing job you've done so far, It helped me to play so many games in a language I understand :)

I'm looking for the conversions of 2 games : Septentrion (SOS in US) and a French patch for Super mario RPG from the Japanese ROM (it's always from a US ROM so I can't use it with my Japanese cartrigde :/ )

Do you think you could help me?

Thanks!

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 27th, 2016, 7:40 pm

I'll see what I can do. Might take me a bit since work schedule is pretty full and the one good site I used to get the verified roms I need is down so i'll have to wait until I get access to my external hard drive at home.

Edit:

Super Mario RPG (JPN v1.0) to (FRE):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xsoqz ... FRE%29.ips

SOS (JPN) to (US):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7c78a ... 8US%29.ips

dark_nanaki

Post by dark_nanaki » January 28th, 2016, 8:58 am

Wooh Thanks a lot dude for your speed it's really nice of you!

I have another question for you I you have the time for : When I use the conversion of Brain Lord the patch file load correctly but after the title screen when you have to enter your name the game freeze... do you have an idea of where it can come?

Once again, Thanks!

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 28th, 2016, 2:48 pm

Unfortunately I've already re-looked into my Brain Lord patch for someone else too and found nothing wrong with the patch itself. The problem is likely in the emulation with the Retron or something else throwing it off, tests with it otherwise (other emulators, my phone, pc, retro freak) checks out fine.