Controller adapter questions

Ask and assist the community with Retro Freak.
Forum rules
Retro Freak is trademarked CYBER Gadget Corporation. Retro Freak name is copyright CYBER Gadget Corporation. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Lilith
לילית

Controller adapter questions

Post by Lilith » January 10th, 2016, 6:02 pm

I just dug out my Retro Freak controller adapter, and I have no clue what one of the ports is for. It looks like an S Video port. I know it has Megadrive/SFC/FC/PCE ports, but am baffled at the mystery port. I don't think it's an S Video port, because the console itself already has an HDMI port. Does anyone know what this port is?

Also, I assume the controller ports are region free (Gen works in MD, SNES works in SFC, TG16 in PCE)? I'm not really sure about NES to FC, but I'd assume so? I mean, I know you can run NES games through the SD card, even if it does not have an actual NES port.

Also, just throwing this out there, but does anyone else's FC slot not work? Every time I put a cart it, it doesn't even try to read it and gives me an error. I may try to clean them, but this isn't a huge problem, since I can just put them on an SD card.

Edit-Someeone told me the round port (#3) was PCE...but now I don't know what the last port (#5) is for. Someone said Neo Geo, but...uh? Retrofreak doesn't support Neo Geo? Could it be for SG1000 or something the adapter uses? Or Sega MK3? Are the Japanese versions even the same as MD?
Attachments
Retrofreak.jpg

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Controller adapter questions

Post by R9delta » January 10th, 2016, 6:37 pm

It could just be a dirty cartridge. I only have one Famicom game (Mother) but it works fine.

Also the Famicom Expansion and NES are different ports and it has both (well technically the nes one is a Famicom AV top loader port) so that could be what you're thinking of

Lilith
לילית

Post by Lilith » January 17th, 2016, 4:34 am

Wait wait wait, I just reread that thing about the Famicom expansion, and I searched that up, I guess it's an actual expansion port output? I thought that it was just two different controller ports. So...wild idea, can you hook up a Famicom Disk System to the FC expansion port, or am I wishing a bit too much?

snesdude7

Post by snesdude7 » January 22nd, 2016, 5:43 pm

Port 3 is for PCE and port 5 is for Japanese Famicom accessories like Hudson turbo controllers, the Family keyboard and power glove!

iMonkey

Post by iMonkey » February 23rd, 2016, 1:24 am

Anyone able to get a snes multitap working on this? Mine doesn't seem to recognize it but it asks for there to be one whenever I try to mess with controller option 3 and above.