SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Lilith
לילית

Re: SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post by Lilith » January 6th, 2016, 4:04 pm

MRJ wrote:Awesome! Thank you so much for the patches! :mrgreen:

On the topic of the Retrofreak - the menu is in Engl, right? Do you happen to know whether it supports the 8Bitdo Controllers (love these - can´t tell the difference to the original, might even be superior). I am also a little worried about the Retron 5 not lasting for very long :? - Some cartridges (especially Super Famicom) take minutes of re-inserting or kinda wobbling them in place until they are recognized :| )
There is an option to have the menu in English right when you first boot it. I was pretty surprised, because I was almost sure that I'd have to navigate at least SOME Japanese menus, but even the English text option is in English, so it's VERY import friendly.

I've never tried the 8BitDo controllers, but I don't see why it wouldn't if they're indeed USB controllers. I've heard that it supports USB controller much better than the Retron 5. If you have SNES/Gen/etc retrofitters, those will work. So far, I haven't figured out where to plug in the controller adapter, but at least the stock controller is WAY better than the Retron 5's.

So far I'm very happy with it.

Oh yes, and even though the Sega adapter isn't out yet, you can still play Sega MkIII/Game Gear/SG1000 games if you put them on the SD card. They read via the Megadrive section.

So far I've gotten a small SFX thing for installing 50 games and a really cool video for installing 100 games. Does anyone know if that's up on Youtube? I really REALLY enjoyed it.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 6th, 2016, 4:57 pm

8bitdo's controllers work great on the RetroFreak...although wired only. I use my SFC30 on it constantly

MRJ

Post by MRJ » January 7th, 2016, 5:46 am

Great - now I gotta get a Retrofreak, my wife´s going to kill me :lol: . Thanks for the replies, sound really awesome. I didn´t know that Game Gear and the MKIII roms are supported as well.

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » January 13th, 2016, 9:48 am

This request may not be attainable as far as I know. I'm still unable to play my 52 in 1 and 1100 in 1 famicom multicart on the retron. I read here some ppl were ips patching to get them to work...either way I was unscucessful. Has anybody had more luck with this or should I let it go lol

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 14th, 2016, 12:26 am

Yeah unfortunately for that there isn't much I can do

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » January 14th, 2016, 11:39 am

Not to worry! Atlea!st I can put that to rest now lol. Maybe the retro freak plays it

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 14th, 2016, 1:19 pm

Well to be honest the RetroFreak is almost a direct copy of the Retron 5 firmware wise and given how both the Retron 5 and RetroFreak dump cartridges I wouldn't say it's likely that the RetroFreak works any better in that aspect. Although the fact that the RetroFreak plays roms it's probably a little less of a detriment.

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » January 14th, 2016, 10:36 pm

Thanks for the info. No biggie. Tons of other games to play :)

Danneee

Post by Danneee » January 23rd, 2016, 5:47 pm

I'm having trouble patching a repro of the Yuu Yuu Hakusho fighting game on Mega Drive with the translation ips. I would love if someone could help me out here. It seems to apply properly but does nothing..

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 23rd, 2016, 7:38 pm

Unfortunately the fact that its a repro might throw some issues in the mix unless it's byte for byte identical to the original rom. I can see what I can do but I don't foresee having much luck on it.

Also if some of you can try to keep translation requests for systems other than the Super Famicom/Nintendo in the translation sub forum just to keep things a bit more organized