Patch for Pocket Monsters Midori

Please credit the original individual or team if you are not posting your own work.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
DeathByBFG

Patch for Pocket Monsters Midori

Post by DeathByBFG » January 6th, 2016, 6:23 pm

Hello everyone. Does anyone have a translation patch for Pocket Monsters Midori? I tried the patch from romhacking.net and it didn't work for me. Leads me to believe I have the 1.1 version of the game.

Lilith
לילית

Re: Patch for Pocket Monsters Midori

Post by Lilith » January 6th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Probably not helpful, but after saying "screw it" to the RH patch after Pewter, I manged to beat the game in complete Japanese. Not that hard, especially if you know the shop lists and move lists. Of course, I did a solo run, probably harder in a normal run.

But I think 1.1 is the case, as it's supposed to work flawlessly, and obviously doesn't.

DeathByBFG

Post by DeathByBFG » January 7th, 2016, 11:28 pm

Did the Rom Hacking patch work for you? Also, what is Pewter? I'm assuming that's a town in Pokemon but I've never actually played it.

Lilith
לילית

Post by Lilith » January 7th, 2016, 11:38 pm

The ROM Hacking patch worked decent for the first two towns, but after that it started giving me random garbled letters like http://i.imgur.com/nXq4Zzo.png

I ended up ditching it and just playing in Japanese, but I don't know if I had the 1.1 version. Probably.

Pewter is the third town and the first gym you have to beat. It's a Rock type gym, so if you pick Charmander, you'd have to either grind a lot (I did this to beat Pokemon Yellow with only Pikachu), or catch a Mankey or something. Squirtle and Bulbasaur are good choices for Brock.