SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
bholste

Re: SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post by bholste » October 3rd, 2015, 8:40 pm

This might be a tall order but I am look for Jap to Eng conversion for 3 Super Familicom games.

Far East of Eden SHVC-AZRJ-JPN
Daikaijyuu Monogatari SHVC-ADKJ-JPN
Toreco No Daibouken: Fushigi No Dungeon SHVC-TQ

Any help would be appreciated!

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » October 4th, 2015, 7:06 am

I dont know about the rest (on my phone at the moment) but i think ive looked at Far East of Eden before and came to the conclusion that no one has released a patch for it...therefore there being nothing for me to fix for the Retron 5. If there is link me and ill fix it up though

Edit:

For Daikaijyuu Monogatari use one of these

Daikaijyuu Monogatari (Apply to v1.0):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wuuwh ... gatari.ips

Daikaijyuu Monogatari (Apply to v1.1):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hpe7i ... 1.1%29.ips

Also if you're having trouble finding a translation patch try looking on romhacking.net if you hadn't already and try that first. This particular game is already on there with a patch that should work as-is on the Retron 5.

krueger

Post by krueger » October 28th, 2015, 8:47 am

Hi all,

Can someone help me with a language patch for Zelda and Terranigma from PAL German-> PAL English?

Thank you in advance!

/K

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » October 30th, 2015, 11:14 am

Sure, just took a few minutes to make those for you

Terranigma (German) to (Standard PAL/Europe):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5iiri ... EUR%29.ips

Terranigma (German) to (Standard PAL/Europe)+60Hz Patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ydcos ... 8US%29.ips

Already did the above some time ago. Basically turns the game into what would be a US version (runs at same refresh rate as the japanese version would but translated to english)

Legend of Zelda: LTTP (German) to (Standard PAL/Europe):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c49vo ... EUR%29.ips

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » November 11th, 2015, 9:47 pm

Curious if there is another patch for mystical ninja super Famicom to us? The one posted doesn't work with mine...if not no worries just wanted to ask

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 3rd, 2016, 12:34 am

Hey sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you on this. I didn't realize there was 2 versions of the game in japan until recently.

You'll likely need this one down below..

Legend of The Mystical Ninja (JPN v1.2) to (US):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yez5j ... 8US%29.ips

Also I'm going to try and be more active in fulfilling requests if possible again. My Retron 5 fried some time ago and I've have a lot of things going on in my life but over the holidays I picked up a Retro Freak (which is basically a japanese Retron 5 with a different build and more features). Patches work exactly the same way on it and the Retro Freak supports loading roms directly on it as well so I can be more thorough with testing.

MRJ

Post by MRJ » January 5th, 2016, 7:29 am

First off really I´m really impressed with the patches and this thread!
I´ve been trying to get the Retranslation (Engl.) patch (new translation, new interface and dash-button) working for Breath of Fire 2 (Jap) or Breath of Fire 2 pal. I can only find a working patch for the US-Rom-Retranslation. Could you please try to get it to work for the Japanese Rom (and/or pal-version)?

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » January 5th, 2016, 3:17 pm

Thanks R9delta! I am on my 4th Retron 5 myself...and a pin recenlty pulled out-still works but for how long...lol. Question on the Retro Freak: can we use our existing sd card with patches etc all set up on the retro freak? Also...by better made, are the pin connectors better? Do you think this one will last based on how it's been so far is basically my question. Happy New Yrs all

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 5th, 2016, 8:11 pm

MRJ wrote:First off really I´m really impressed with the patches and this thread!
I´ve been trying to get the Retranslation (Engl.) patch (new translation, new interface and dash-button) working for Breath of Fire 2 (Jap) or Breath of Fire 2 pal. I can only find a working patch for the US-Rom-Retranslation. Could you please try to get it to work for the Japanese Rom (and/or pal-version)?
No problem. There's 2 japanese versions so you'll have to try one and see if it works and if not try the other

Breath of Fire II Retranslation v1.2b (Apply to JPN v1.0):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5lpd0 ... 1.0%29.ips

Breath of Fire II Retranslation v1.2b (Apply to JPN v1.1):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tr36j ... 1.1%29.ips

Breath of Fire II Retranslation v1.2b (Apply to PAL ver.):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fm1xa ... er.%29.ips
dustbuster wrote:Thanks R9delta! I am on my 4th Retron 5 myself...and a pin recenlty pulled out-still works but for how long...lol. Question on the Retro Freak: can we use our existing sd card with patches etc all set up on the retro freak? Also...by better made, are the pin connectors better? Do you think this one will last based on how it's been so far is basically my question. Happy New Yrs all
Personally I feel the build quality is much better on the Retro Freak. The pin connectors are much better than the Retron 5 I had and there's no issue with the cartridge connectors being excessively tight. Everything goes in and out smoothly. As far as the patches go depending on your situation it's likely you can't use the same SD card. The Retro Freak uses MicroSD cards as opposed to a regular sized one and the folder layout is particular. It has to be set up as /RetroFreak/Patch and beyond that you can set them up in sub-folders as long as they're in that main folder. All my existing patches for the Retron 5 work fine whether its applied on the cartridge inserted just like the Retron 5 or if you're just using it on a rom you downloaded on your MicroSD card as-is assuming the rom doesn't have a header on it.

The only way I would say the RetroFreak is inferior is that it doesn't have built in old console controller support like the Retron 5 does beyond the Controller adapter that the premium version of the RetroFreak comes with. The RetroFreak just uses USB controllers by default...which honestly I'm fine with personally, as the one it comes with is REALLY good. Also you can use third party SNES->USB/NES->USB/etc. controller adapters too (although you should know if you buy a controller adapter to USB that has multiple ports on it, like a SNES-USB adapter that has 2 SNES ports for 2 player...only one will work). Although I will also say no support for wireless controllers if they use bluetooth (most of them) is a bummer too but i usually prefer wired myself.

MRJ

Post by MRJ » January 6th, 2016, 3:33 pm

Awesome! Thank you so much for the patches! :mrgreen:

On the topic of the Retrofreak - the menu is in Engl, right? Do you happen to know whether it supports the 8Bitdo Controllers (love these - can´t tell the difference to the original, might even be superior). I am also a little worried about the Retron 5 not lasting for very long :? - Some cartridges (especially Super Famicom) take minutes of re-inserting or kinda wobbling them in place until they are recognized :| )