SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post region conversions such as JPN to US here, also game to game conversions IE Star Fox to Star Fox 2.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Lilith
לילית

Re: SNES /SFC Must have game conversions and requests

Post by Lilith » May 23rd, 2015, 2:02 am

This may not be the right place to ask, but I figured I would since it's patch related.

Is it possible to stack two or more patches on top of each other? For example, if there was a ROM hack for a US version of a game, but I had the JP version, could I slap a translation patch on it and then the ROM hack? Or would one have to "merge" the patches?

hikaricore
Site Admin

Post by hikaricore » May 23rd, 2015, 2:51 am

It's possible to do if the data doesn't conflict, but it can get a bit dicey otherwise. If you're patching a JP game with a full copy of the English version and not just a fan translation, then applying a patch meant for the English version after that it's totally reasonable to expect success.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » May 23rd, 2015, 11:56 am

Ditto pretty much^

Here's a good general process to follow if you're interested in doing that:

Download the US version or whatever version the romhack is meant for. Use something like lunar ips and apply the romhack onto the version it's written for. Verify on a emulator that it works properly. Then use lunar ips again to make a patch from the japanese rom to your complete patched romhack. It should be good to go.

It can get complicated though if you're wanting to stack multiple rom hacks on top of each other like hikaricore said (a good example of stacking is the secret of mana 2 (3 player) patch i made, not only was a translated patch done but a 3 player patch on top of that and then a title screen patch on top again of that). It's important that those rom hacks do not conflict with each other.

RetroLolo

Post by RetroLolo » May 25th, 2015, 10:14 am

Hi R9Delta !
Your patches rock !
I wonder if is it possible to find a reliable patch for ys 3,4 or for captain tsubasa 3 JP or for GON ?
At last, but not the least, I saw a translation patch for Hitler no Fukkatsu on FC. (http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2031/)
But it seems the rom compatible have a header.
Is it easy to make it works on the retron5 ?

Thanks a lot for all your amazing work

Lo

AndIQuote

Post by AndIQuote » June 10th, 2015, 4:39 pm

Of all the patches I've tried, yours worked flawlessly! I have two requests, if you don't mind. The first is for Fire Emblem 3 and the second is a more updated version of the Fire Emblem 4 patch.

The .ips files are here: https://app.box.com/s/7snyp8f1whybvso1rb5x7w8b22ngwfei

Thanks!

dustbuster

Post by dustbuster » August 4th, 2015, 2:28 pm

Hi there. Is there another patch for legend of the mystical ninja japan to ud translation? The one listed doesnt work on mine...any help would be great!

LoneGun

Post by LoneGun » August 14th, 2015, 12:17 am

I would like to request God Medicine for the original Game Boy. I tried using the straight IPS from RomHacking.net but it does not work.

oprahtrian

Post by oprahtrian » August 16th, 2015, 2:46 am

Hey man thanks for all of your work, i use a ton of your patches. would it be possible to do a Pocket Monsters Yellow to (US) Pokemon Yellow? Thanks!

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » August 18th, 2015, 1:29 am

I can't promise this will work for you as it's converting a Gameboy/Super Gameboy rom into technically a Gameboy Color rom but you're welcome to try one of these. Unfortunately there are 3 revisions of the game in japan so you're just going to have to go down the list and see if one of these will fit the bill for you.

Pokemon Yellow (JPN v1.0) to (US):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sizx3 ... 8US%29.ips

Pokemon Yellow (JPN v1.1) to (US):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/391u5 ... 8US%29.ips

Pokemon Yellow (JPN v1.2) to (US):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ob32s ... 8US%29.ips

I can't test these as I do not have a real copy of Pokemon Yellow in either region so with that in mind if these do not work there is not much else I can do. Give it a shot though.

oprahtrian

Post by oprahtrian » August 19th, 2015, 1:39 am

thanks man the v1.2 worked for me. Thanks again for the help!