Play ROMs directly off the SD card

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
KAStuff

Re: Play ROMs directly off the SD card

Post by KAStuff » March 29th, 2015, 10:44 pm

Oh yeah, I'm using a Retro 5.

Peebs

Post by Peebs » April 7th, 2015, 10:11 pm

like KAstuff, I understand this is kind of a bump, but I would still like to say this:
I'm having trouble with this. I have used multiple IPS patch creators, repeated attempts, and even putting both Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 Complete on the SD card... but to no avail. I'm using the R5. What do I do? Is it because Sonic 3 Complete is a ROM hack?

ceriux

Post by ceriux » May 1st, 2015, 10:49 pm

Hey iv recently tried to load gameboy roms using the original method posted. it works fine for snes games it seems ( i used mario kart and loaded shadowrun ). then i decided to try gameboy roms. i have super mario land 2 6 golden coins so i used that, next i patched it with pokemon red (black screen), so i tried kid dracula and got the same result? what am i doing wrong with the gb roms?

Dadcoy

Post by Dadcoy » July 31st, 2015, 8:40 pm

Is there a certain way the ips needs to be on the ad card?
I have the cheats on the sd card retro : cheats : and then the systems and it reads that.
I tried bin2retron and got the ips, I put it in Retro : Roms : the. ips
But it won't show up,