NES30 and FC30 support

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
DeathByBFG

NES30 and FC30 support

Post by DeathByBFG » March 20th, 2016, 11:53 am

I read somewhere on the forum that with a firmware update the NES30 and FC30 controllers from 8bitdo would work on the Retron 5. Those controllers look pretty sweet and I was thinking about buying one or two. But does anyone know how well they work on the R5? I know the R5's controllers have a lag and wasn't sure on which end it was.

hikaricore
Site Admin

Re: NES30 and FC30 support

Post by hikaricore » March 21st, 2016, 11:43 pm

I've never really had much trouble with controller lag, so I can't say for certain if they're any better. However the feeling of not having and oddly shaped brick with clicky buttons in your hands is well worth it. I've got the SNES30 and it's lovely. I'd imagine the NES/FC counterparts are just as good, if not just a little more square. :)