GBA slot not working

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Jucksalbe

GBA slot not working

Post by Jucksalbe » March 13th, 2016, 10:47 am

For a week or so the GBA slot on my Retron 5 seems to be dead. It doesn't recognize anything, no matter if GBA, GBC or GB games. It doesn't even notice there's a game inserted (just gives the "no cart inserted" message). All other slots are working fine.
Now I hadn't played any GameBoy games in a while on the machine, so I'm not sure when exactly it stopped working, but I did upgrade to the newest beta firmware in the meantime (v.2.3 Beta 3), so maybe that was the cause? Can I just downgrade back to v.2.2 without issues? Or might there be something else wrong with the system? At the very least there doesn't seem to be dust in the slot.

Jucksalbe

Re: GBA slot not working

Post by Jucksalbe » June 24th, 2016, 5:47 am

The new firmware (2.4) fixed my problem. So happy this is working again.