Retron 5 will not read SNES GBA or Genesis Slots

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
xtremecrossforceman

Retron 5 will not read SNES GBA or Genesis Slots

Post by xtremecrossforceman » November 24th, 2015, 3:04 pm

Unsure if this has been asked before, didn't see a trouble shooting section. But as of yesterday 11/23/2015, it was working 2 days prior 11/21/2015. I could not play any of the above games I couldn't get my super famicom, super nintendo, gameboy advance, or gensis slots to read any of my games. Completely unresponsive. The odd thing however is if I place say 2 cartridges in said unresponsive slots. Example I put in chrono trigger in the SNES slot and megaman and bass in the gba slot at the same time. I will still get the cannot read multiple cartridge error.

crazypiston102

Re: Retron 5 will not read SNES GBA or Genesis Slots

Post by crazypiston102 » November 30th, 2015, 11:35 am

I had the same thing happen to me. If your nes games work try sticking a credit card in the nes slot then try a different game like snes or genesis. The problem is the pins in the slot are touching each other prevent the retron 5 from dumping a game. Hope that helps.