SNES Controller X button autofire pls help

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
MRJ

SNES Controller X button autofire pls help

Post by MRJ » October 30th, 2015, 8:15 am

I can´t play any SNES/SFC games without any controller malfunctioning. The X button is constantly triggered automatically as if autofire was enabled. I tried pretty much everything (resetting all controllers etc.), nothing seems to resolve the issue. I tried original SFC Controller, original SNES Controller, Wireless Retron 5 Controller, 3rd Party Snes Controller :(

Anyone experienced the same issue; I was not able to find anything on the issue...

MRJ

Re: SNES Controller X button autofire pls help

Post by MRJ » October 30th, 2015, 9:18 am

Ok, after remapping a new profile the button is not triggered automatically (noticed autofire x had a button assigned). Now whatever I do: one button is not working, using the original Wireless Retron Conroller the Y button is not working, using an orignal controller the x button does not work at all. What is it with this thing?! Snes is unplayable whatever I do. Is there anything that I am missing?

MRJ

Post by MRJ » January 5th, 2016, 7:34 am

If anyone still reads this. After Reseting everything it´s working again. According to Hyperkin (who were friendly enough to answer) the controller assigned for Snes should be "any controller" to avoid this. Still, sometimes it´s not working.
Ps. I´ve been using 8Bitdo´s Wreless-Snes-Conroller lately and it´s fantastic (worked right out of the box, Retron 5 mode was already installed (hold L and Start)). Functions cannot be assigned, but controll is superb (pushing a,b,L,R emulates home button) - battery lasts about 15 hours.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » January 5th, 2016, 8:19 pm

Glad you got it working, and yeah the SFC30/SNES30 controller is amazing. One of the best controller purchases i've made in awhile