Unknown Cartridge and No Cart fix

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
DeathByBFG

Unknown Cartridge and No Cart fix

Post by DeathByBFG » October 4th, 2015, 10:58 pm

Good Evening Everyone,

I have a question I would like to ask to the forum. Hopefully I can fix it myself instead of having to send back to Hyperkin. So I'm on my second Retron 5. For some reason I went to play an SNES game this evening and it kept saying that no cart was inserted. Yet if I insert another cart I receive the multiple cart error. So I went to play a Genesis and then a Famicom game but then I kept receiving the Unknown Cartridge error. Which is really weird because everything was working fine yesterday. I haven't tried GB games. But Castlevania III for the NES works just fine. I haven't tried other NES games.

I've cleaned the games in question and all of the pins on the R5 look pristine. Except for the NES slot but I blame C3 for that. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the Retron? I love this console but it's really disheartening to have my second one break down. I think one thing I want to try is to re-install the firmware but I'll do that once I beat Castlevania III. I would hate to lose my progress on such a difficult game.