Anyone know how to get Game genie codes on famicom or roms?

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
fronkmark

Anyone know how to get Game genie codes on famicom or roms?

Post by fronkmark » August 26th, 2015, 3:34 pm

So I just got a Retron 5 and I love it. I already figured out how to play roms and patches but I was wondering is there a way to get the cheat working for famicom games or on the roms because they only show up on the USA side of things. I don't mind using famicom games as a cheaper alternative but there are some game s my kids love to play or would love if the could be invincible, infinite lives, etc... any tips on this would be helpful.

1pil

Re: Anyone know how to get Game genie codes on famicom or ro

Post by 1pil » August 28th, 2015, 10:56 am

The codes are already in the xml files.....unless you never bought a SD card to go with the system. Or you could use the original Game Genie lol which I believe works but I never really tested it.

fronkmark

Post by fronkmark » August 28th, 2015, 11:18 am

It doesn't seem to recognize famicom cheats. The cheats for "super Mario all stars" aren't recognized under the super famicom version called "super Mario collection" possible because the title is different. I tried changing the xml document from the first title to the second but still no luck.

Xemmber

Post by Xemmber » November 9th, 2015, 12:29 pm

The cheats for "Silent Service" (NES NTSC/Us) don't show up at all. The xml-file has codes for the game but when I try to use them I get "No cheats for this game". And yes, I have a Us cartridge.

1pil

Post by 1pil » March 23rd, 2016, 11:23 am

I too have a lot of problems getting codes to work. I haven't tested anything recently though in some time. Only thing I can figure is the codes and where I am getting them are wrong. Which I highly doubt since I've used them in the past on a PC emulator. Only thing I can think of doing is transfiring the SRAM save to PC and loading it in a PC emulator to put the codes on, save then transfir back. Sort of a pain in the ass, but it's something I may have to try.

Xemmber

Post by Xemmber » July 4th, 2016, 3:56 am

I found out that the NES (US) Silent Service cartridge I have, has the same CRC as one of the ROMs that can be found online, B843EB84. So by changing the CRC to to B843EB84, I got the Retron 5 codes to work.

My Japanese Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Chou Makaimura/Chōmakaimura/超魔界村) cartridge has the same CRC as the ROM that can be found online, i.e. CF8A8DBA and the US codes works with it.

Now, does anyone here know how to get the CRC from Sega ROMs? I found one that might match my cartdidge, but I have no idea how to get the CRC code.