Wont recognise SD Card (now fixed)

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
ElectroDude

Wont recognise SD Card (now fixed)

Post by ElectroDude » August 6th, 2015, 2:51 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to share this with everyone, as I was wondering if this has happened
to anyone else.

The other day I removed the SD Card from the Retron to put some more patches on it, then
inserted it back into the Retron5.

Next time I booted it up, it would not recognise the SD Card at all. I restarted the Retron,
wiggled the SD Card multiple times, still not recognised.

Eventualy I got the R5 to read the SD when I pulled the card very, very slightly out.

Anyone else experienced this?

RyanFeiern

Re: Wont recognise SD Card (now fixed)

Post by RyanFeiern » October 8th, 2015, 5:29 pm

Hey,
i have exactly the same issue! How did you fix it?!
I pulled of my sd card, filled it with some patches and now my R5 doesn't read my sd card.
I tried another one, but it wont recognice it either.

ElectroDude

Post by ElectroDude » October 12th, 2015, 2:09 pm

Hi,

I just /slightly/ pulled the SD card out (very very slightly), and it seemed to recognise it then.
I have not yet removed it to add anymore patches because I have all the patches I need for the
near future, so I dont know if I'll have to do the same thing again.

It's sort of like when the Retron 5 cant recognise a cart, sometimes you have to
/very slightly/ pull the cart out, but just a little so the Retron5 can still read the
connenctions.

I hope this works for you!

Djtwok

Post by Djtwok » October 14th, 2017, 7:41 am

I am also having this problem often. Sometimes it takes about 10 tries to get the sd card working.