Brand new retron 5, just opened it

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Dadcoy

Brand new retron 5, just opened it

Post by Dadcoy » July 31st, 2015, 8:54 pm

And while my son and I are having fun playing the games we have, I am having trouble playing roms. I used bin2retron to create the ips, and loaded it on a blank Ed card, but can't get it to load. We have the correct system cartridge in, but can't even get the game specific settings to come up. Is there a certain folder it needs to be in? I tried cresting a retron folder but that didn't work either????

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Brand new retron 5, just opened it

Post by R9delta » July 31st, 2015, 9:14 pm

Dumb question but have you updated your Retron 5's firmware yet? It doesn't come ready to use patches out of the box

Dadcoy

Post by Dadcoy » July 31st, 2015, 9:30 pm

guess I will be researching that...lol
I feel dumb
any suggestions on best firmware to use

Dadcoy

Post by Dadcoy » July 31st, 2015, 9:53 pm

ok, got firmware, so it read the gauntlet iv file, but just a blank screen when it starts

1pil

Post by 1pil » November 10th, 2015, 1:12 pm

Dadcoy wrote:ok, got firmware, so it read the gauntlet iv file, but just a blank screen when it starts
Some rom patches require the "header" thing to be enabled before playing. It's annoying I know but it works. I noticed not everything requires it though, just a few picky ones that hate us. lol