Overheating

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
jwfurness

Overheating

Post by jwfurness » July 20th, 2015, 12:03 pm

I've been experiencing consistent system freezing/crashing on my retron5 when playing Genesis games. Tried downgrading to 2.1 (games totally unresponsive) and updating to 2.3 beta (Genesis games play again). I notice that the back of my system gets very warm after about 30 minutes of use and am surmising that it's an overheating issue causing the lock-up. The system is in a well ventilated area.

Anybody else's retron5 run really hot? It doesn't seem like there's enough going on in that box to be generating much heat.

ingadalmtz

Re: Overheating

Post by ingadalmtz » August 8th, 2015, 3:09 pm

The same thing seems to be hapening to me, I just received the retron 5 past week, I havent done any update to the retron 5, anyone help?