NES30/SNES30 Wireless Controllers - Compatible with RetroN5!

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Dark Link

Re: NES30/SNES30 Wireless Controllers - Compatible with Retr

Post by Dark Link » June 23rd, 2015, 6:51 pm

This is is the nes30 pro (the newer model). On the the website they don't state any button combinations for this one (only on the page for the original) and I've already tried that combination as well as others.

hikaricore
Site Admin

Post by hikaricore » June 23rd, 2015, 11:39 pm

I haven't gotten the pro model myself but it should be compatible since the firmware exists. I would contact the manufacturer in this case after confirming the unit does pair with other bluetooth systems correctly. Maybe you got a dud or the firmware isn't the right version?

Sevenlives

Post by Sevenlives » June 30th, 2015, 3:26 pm

Dark Link I'm having the same issue with my Nes 30 PRO. I'll start it using L2 + Power...will blink blue...but the Retron won't recognize it. Latest firmware for it...I believe it's 1.61...

hikaricore...are these instructions for the PRO or the regular ones?

Thanks!!

hikaricore
Site Admin

Post by hikaricore » July 1st, 2015, 8:39 am

I'm pretty sure they're for either, however I haven't purchased a PRO yet. You may want to check with the manufacturer just to be sure. Note, even if you start it with the first button pair, you still MUST pair the controller as previously outlined. I actually had to try several times to simulate the home button press during the pairing process, don't give up. :)

Sevenlives

Post by Sevenlives » July 6th, 2015, 2:29 pm

To anyone that has the nes30 pro...they sent so.e of us the latest fw 1.62...all works now. Dunno if its up on site but I can post here.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » July 8th, 2015, 1:30 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XHH ... ailpages00

Just ordered. Super excited to try this out in a few days.

hikaricore
Site Admin

Post by hikaricore » July 10th, 2015, 1:55 am

The controller is fabulous, no annoying clicks or cumbersome cords. Battery life seems adequate. I've never run out while playing thus far.

PixelPeZ

Post by PixelPeZ » July 29th, 2015, 12:56 pm

Hey, new to the board so greetings everyone!
Unfortunately I have a problem - just bought the gorgeous FC30 8Bitdo controller, but can't get it to pair. Updated the firmware, started with L+Start, kept pressing L+R+A+B, while the Retron was searching for controllers, but no luck. Pairs well with my iphone, but no luck with Retron. Any tips? Could it be the Beta software on the Retron?

Sevenlives

Post by Sevenlives » July 31st, 2015, 1:06 pm

I have the Nes30 Pro, so things may be a bit different for you, but I had a similar issue. They have "extended" firmwares or something like that. My problem was I was assuming the latest firmware would do it all. Unfortunately as of this moment that's not the case. For the Nes30 pro at least, you'll require a specific Retron 5 fw (available in their site) and not just the latest and greatest. So maybe start there by making sure you have the right firmware? Hopefully someone else will come along and answer this for ya. God bless!!

tandynor

Post by tandynor » August 28th, 2015, 9:57 pm

download this firmware.
http://download.8bitdo.com/Firmware/Pro ... etron5.zip

then update the firmware on your nes30 pro. Hold down the power button + the sync button on the bottom of the controller, it will blink yellow. then plug into your PC and update the firmware.

when finished turn off the controller by holding down power for like 3 seconds.

Then Hold Power + Y button for like 3 seconds so it starts blinking Blue.

Using a wired controller, or the retroN 5 controller, go to settings> manage retroN 5 controller Settings> Pair Controller

and it will sync right up. no putton presses needed.