Controller basically stopped working in-game

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
PlayerC90

Controller basically stopped working in-game

Post by PlayerC90 » March 19th, 2015, 4:35 am

Hi,

I'm having a pretty big issue with my Retron 5. I have it since christmas and it worked more or less flawlessy until now. All buttons other than the D-Pad, the Home button and the 2 extra buttons are now not doing anything ingame. I tried different games from different systems and I also tried a NES controller but neither fixed the problem. Everything still seems to work in the Retron menus.

Should I try a factory reset? I also wrote a mail to Hyperkin's support, but I don't have much hope for that...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: Well, today it worked again... I was able to finish the game I was currently playing and now I won't use it for awhile. I guess I'll wait and see if it occurs again.