SNES in controller port#1 possessed

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Ekard

SNES in controller port#1 possessed

Post by Ekard » February 24th, 2015, 3:19 pm

I just recently purchased the Retron5 and from day one I have a problem with the SNES controller port #1.

Any time I plug in an original SNES controller into port #1 it acts like it's possessed.
It starts pressing all kinds of inputs by itself and suddenly a mouse cursor appears on the top left of the TV screen.

The last time this happened an icon of a monkey was watermarked on the screen over the Retron interface saying
"The Applemonkey Approved!!"

The same controller works fine in controller port #2

Any suggestions?

countsean

Re: SNES in controller port#1 possessed

Post by countsean » March 13th, 2015, 9:52 am

I have also been having this issue but its not frequent. Sometimes replugging in a ton of times, helps... other times... no idea what fixes it. Anyone have insight on this?

Datathrash

Re: SNES in controller port#1 possessed

Post by Datathrash » May 2nd, 2015, 8:42 am

I had this happen during Shin Megami Tensei so "possessed" is a good description of how it felt! LOL

Unfortunately, I lost my saved game due to this. I'm playing with a legit cart but using the patch trick to play the Aeon Genesis translated rom. I don't know where my save went. Boooooo! :(