GBA Save state issues

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
yeah1526

GBA Save state issues

Post by yeah1526 » February 22nd, 2015, 6:26 pm

Having some trouble with Pokemon LeafGreen GBA save states.
The system doesn't recognise the cart, but still plays it fine and save states work fine.

However, I plugged the cart into an actual Gameboy Advance, and created a save file to test the battery... then once I put it back into the Retron, all my save states are gone.

I think the system thinks its a different game (since it doesn't recognise the cart in the first place; and now its a "different" game due to the changed save file)

Is there any way around this? I'm assuming my save states are actually still in the Retron, but unable to access them.