Problems with Controller Mapping

Retron 5 hardware info, hacks, and customizations.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Miercos

Problems with Controller Mapping

Post by Miercos » November 26th, 2014, 1:05 pm

On 2 separate occasions I've had problems with player to controller mapping for SNES controllers.

It begins with unplugging or plugging in a controller when the system is already on. The symptoms are that the controller in port 2 (right hand side) becomes totally unresponsive and the first player controller only accepts control pad and back button input (SNES button "B"). The accept button (SNES button "A") on controller 1 is unresponsive. Once I unplug the controller from port 2 the controller in port 1 functions fine. I am then stuck using a Retron 5 wireless controller and a SNES controller plugged into port 1 to play any 2 player games.

I was able to correct the problem before by methodically defaulting player to controllers mapping and switching the system on and off but now the controller to player mapping does not seem to be responding to this.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has ran into this problem and found a solution to fix it without having to do a total system reset.