How to download the 2.3 Beta 3 file

Instructions for installing and details on obtaining the latest stable and beta firmware updated for the Retron 5.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Ximolac

How to download the 2.3 Beta 3 file

Post by Ximolac » April 24th, 2016, 7:38 am

Hello! I want to try the new firmware beta for my retron, but I can not find the file anywere in this site. The only site i found is a very strange http://retron5.in/?src=c0c7c76d30bd3dcaefc96f40275bdc0a one were you have to upload a file or something? Seems a bit suspicious to me...

Any help would be wolcme. :)

Lilith
לילית

Re: How to download the 2.3 Beta 3 file

Post by Lilith » April 24th, 2016, 6:26 pm

No, that site is legit. That is how all of the Retron 5 updates have been set up, and all but the last Retro Freak one. All you need to do is write a firmware request to the SD card and then put that in your PC and upload that to the site. That's what that upload thing is for, nothing more.