Converting Retro Freak .sav to .srm for RetroArch

Share saved states and game save files for the Retron 5 and Retro Freak.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Retro Freak is trademarked CYBER Gadget Corporation. Retro Freak name is copyright CYBER Gadget Corporation. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Lilith
לילית

Converting Retro Freak .sav to .srm for RetroArch

Post by Lilith » December 29th, 2017, 2:09 am

I am trying to convert my Lufia II save from my Retro Freak to my RetroPie (Pi 3). The Pi will only read .srm files. I have tried to download the tool here and use it, but for some reason, it refuses to work, it doesn't do anything when I try to read it. Maybe because it's not technically Retron 5. Does anyone have a similar tool for for Retro Freak, or am I just missing something obvious?

Also the same goes for .snap to .state

I have tried simply renaming the extensions, but that does not appear to work.

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Converting Retro Freak .sav to .srm for RetroArch

Post by R9delta » December 29th, 2017, 7:45 pm

Can you upload it on somewhere like mediafire and link it? I can see if I have any luck. I've only done it a few times with Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG but Ive never had any issues (on the Retro Freak to be specific, there's no difference in the format). Also to clarify i mean your upload your .save/saveram or whatever it's called file, not a savestate/snap as that will not work 100% no matter what's done as that format cant be changed.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » December 29th, 2017, 8:18 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ljry7kecs ... 28U%29.srm

There you go. Make sure you rename what i'm sharing to match the file name of your rom on the RetroPie with srm still being the extension of course...assuming if it needs to be renamed.

Of course I don't have a RaspberryPi nor use RetroArch on it so I don't know if the srm format it requires is the same but this srm file will work with snes9x, zsnes, etc.. on the PC or Mac just fine which is pretty standard so it SHOULD work I would assume.

Assuming the srm you're downloading works for you I recorded what I did to help guide you for future reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiiidCx ... e=youtu.be

Lilith
לילית

Post by Lilith » December 29th, 2017, 8:46 pm

It worked, thanks!

I was using that program, but I guess I was naming the output file incorrectly, as in I actually pointed it to a path in my PC instead of just the file name.