Disney's Gargoyles for Genesis

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
haggerty.keith

Disney's Gargoyles for Genesis

Post by haggerty.keith » June 17th, 2016, 10:58 pm

I've been trying to get my cart of Gargoyles to run on my Retron 5 but I keep running into an annoying issue. When I put the cart in, it boots up just fine (ROM gets dumped and is recognized). It goes to the title screen, everything's normal. I press start and the intro cutscenes play. But, when the game officially starts, it's just a black screen that sometimes flickers and I hear some distorted sound FX. I restarted the game and let it hang at the title screen, the demo starts and you can see the game fine but it's glitched out with characters jumping in front of walls and such. I'm running on version 2.3 beta right now. I've tried to downgrade version 2.2 but that made pretty much all of my game slots not function properly (keep on kicking me back to the main menu on a loop).
It's really annoying since this is the only game of mine that won't work properly in my Retron. To answer a question, yes I have cleaned the game by opening it up and cleaning the pins so dirt isn't an issue. If anybody has had a similar situation happen to them, could you help me out? I'd really appreciate it.

ustor

Re: Disney's Gargoyles for Genesis

Post by ustor » July 19th, 2017, 4:19 pm

A year later, but I can confirm that this is happening for me too.

The problem seems to be with the way the TAS instruction is handled, as mentioned here:

FxFletch

Post by FxFletch » August 5th, 2017, 3:50 am

Darn... I just bought this game to play on my retron and can sadly say I have the same problem :( Been searching online and it seems to be everyone that has tried it and there doesn't seem to be anything to do about it :(

InspectorSnide

Post by InspectorSnide » July 21st, 2019, 12:29 pm

Just bought Gargoyles a few days ago and this is the exact same problem I'm having. Always wanted to play this game and had to had it imported from America. I've looked everywhere for a solution.

stone

Post by stone » December 16th, 2020, 4:47 pm

are updates not fixing this? i got the labo firmware and can confirm it happens on the internal genesis plus gx core, but this is based off the 2.2 update. if i use my custom plus gx core that i need for sega cd, gargoyles runs. i figured that hyperkin would have at least updated the cores for this by now