Aladdin Genesis

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
FxFletch

Aladdin Genesis

Post by FxFletch » May 23rd, 2016, 12:15 am

Has anyone had problems with Aladdin on Sega Genesis running? It always loads as an unknown game for me which would be ok except when I try to play there are graphic glitches and it skips the cutscenes for some reason. First I hoped I just needed an update, I finally updated to 2.2 but still have the same problem and I've tried it several dozen times. Just wondering if its a problem others are having or if it's just my game cart. Thanks!

DeathByBFG

Re: Aladdin Genesis

Post by DeathByBFG » May 28th, 2016, 10:13 pm

Have you cleaned your cartridge? I recommend isopropyl alcohol (90% or greater is ideal) and some q-tips. I don't recall ever having a problem with that game. I own it myself and it's always worked. I'm on the latest 2.3 beta though. I recommend you upgrade to it as well. It fixed A LOT of games for me and has better patch support.

FxFletch

Post by FxFletch » May 28th, 2016, 10:26 pm

Yea I actually went through and cleaned all my games like that when I bought my retron but thanks for replying! I've been thinking about updating to 2.3 beta but was kinda worried after reading about people having some issues with the betas but it sounds like its working well for you so ill probably give it a try. :)

DeathByBFG

Post by DeathByBFG » May 29th, 2016, 10:27 am

I love the beta releases. Normally I don't mess with beta firmwares and such but this product I'm totally okay with it. In the event you do have problems it is possible to downgrade. I've had to do that before.

Djtwok

Post by Djtwok » August 4th, 2016, 3:02 pm

I'm on 2.4 aladdin works perfect.