The Smurfs - problem jumping high

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
SolidSnake

The Smurfs - problem jumping high

Post by SolidSnake » January 21st, 2019, 4:57 pm

I recently bought the SNES game The Smurfs. When clicking the jump key on the Retron5 controller, the smurf jumps. But the jump isn't high enough, even though I press and hold the jump key. This makes it impossible to finish the game since some obstacles need a high jump. When looking at YouTube videos from the original game, the smurf jumps way higher than when playing on the Retron5.

Any way to adjust this?

DeathByBFG

Re: The Smurfs - problem jumping high

Post by DeathByBFG » January 27th, 2019, 9:37 am

Have you tried a different controller? Such as an OEM SNES controller? Even a Genesis or NES controller might work. I know they don't have the same button mappings but at least you may be able to jump and test it. The controller that comes with the Retron 5 really sucks. Love the console otherwise.