Seiken Densetsu 3

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Whizz83

Seiken Densetsu 3

Post by Whizz83 » September 18th, 2014, 6:16 pm

does anyone have issues playing this cart? my retron 5 won't recognize it at all and won't seem to load up. the cart works, i've tested it on a retro duo. i have the latest stable release, 1.6. i also seem to have issues with ultimate mk3. that will load up, just poorly. any ideas to try?

Whizz83

Re: Seiken Densetsu 3

Post by Whizz83 » September 18th, 2014, 6:17 pm

also, i apologize if i incorrectly spelled the game. i can never remember if that is supposed to be ei or ie.

R9delta
Patch Master

Post by R9delta » September 18th, 2014, 9:55 pm

Mine's been fine on 2.0 Beta 2 and up. I hadn't tested the game prior to that update though. Super Famicom games have been a little finicky for me in general though. I have to push down hard when inserting them or clean them beforehand to the best of my ability to get them to even get recognized. SNES games are a lot less so in comparison.

hikaricore
Site Admin

Post by hikaricore » September 18th, 2014, 10:00 pm

To be fair SNES games sit more evenly in the slot due to the extra pins. Most of the SFC games I have only have the center pin block making them more prone to ending up crooked.

rdropkick

Post by rdropkick » September 19th, 2014, 12:52 am

My copy works just fine, and the patch applies properly as well.

1pil

Post by 1pil » January 15th, 2015, 2:13 pm

I own it as well and its working perfectly. And I'm using the translation for it. Actually no I am sorry its not 100% okay, I had some minor issues actually like it crashed on and off first time playing it with the patch. I can only assume it was the patches fault lol since it certainly has its own glitches in it self. There was graphical glitches like black screens of death. But now that I been playing it more often it seems to be fine now. Not sure why it happened in the beginning of it though. :? But it does work. My cart is clean but its used as I am sure everyone elses is as well. I can only assume the fact we got used games is why we're having so much issues with a lot of them. The only game I'm having more issues with is Dragon Quest VI which I need to eject and re-inject like 3 times to get Retron to load it properly. And thats just to get the cart to read for bloody sake. But I haven't actually been using DQ6 since I havent beaten 5 yet.