Super Mario World input lag

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
KlownKefka

Super Mario World input lag

Post by KlownKefka » February 3rd, 2016, 3:03 pm

Anyone else experience this? I'm playing a JPN version of the game without any patches/mods. Even my girlfriend notices input lag whenever pushing any button on a level. I think I've lowered settings to try to fix, but I could always be missing something. Anyone aware of a setting within the Retro 5n that SMW just doesn't agree with?

R9delta
Patch Master

Re: Super Mario World input lag

Post by R9delta » February 3rd, 2016, 8:18 pm

The Retron 5's SNES emulator has some pretty bad inherent input lag to begin with. Other than making sure you've got your TV on game mode, and any extra post processing features are turned off you're kinda out of luck.

KlownKefka

Post by KlownKefka » February 4th, 2016, 12:40 pm

Darn. Thanks a bunch!

FxFletch

Post by FxFletch » May 23rd, 2016, 12:32 am

I have the same problems and no solution :( for me every game seems to play great except the SNES Mario games all have game-killing lag! I've tried Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario All-Stars + World, and Yoshi's Island all suffer from this but other games that require perfect timing and reflexes like the Megaman series run fine!