Codemasters Game Genie on Retron 5?

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
Xemmber

Codemasters Game Genie on Retron 5?

Post by Xemmber » November 17th, 2015, 1:42 pm

Does the Codemasters Game Genie work on Retron 5?
nesgamegenieus.jpg

1pil

Re: Codemasters Game Genie on Retron 5?

Post by 1pil » November 23rd, 2015, 1:23 pm

I actually own it but haven't used it yet. I don't see why it wouldn't work....I just haven't taken the time, and I don't have enough NES games to test it with, I mean I got quite a bit except none of them require cheating, I got mostly point based nes games. Eventually I'll test it, from what I've read people said stuff like that wouldn't work like adapters and top loading structures, like super gameboy apparently doesn't work. Not sure why it wouldn't work though....

hikaricore
Site Admin

Post by hikaricore » December 8th, 2015, 9:13 pm

Likely if you tested it, only the Game Genie rom would dump and the game attached would be unplayable. This is sorta how the Retron 5 works.

dashv
Site Moderator

Post by dashv » January 3rd, 2016, 3:39 am

If you use it the Retron 5 just dumps the rom of the attached game. The game genie itself does not work.

This is why they offer built in cheats.

Xemmber

Post by Xemmber » May 30th, 2016, 9:30 pm

A late thanks for the replies, guys. :)