Unofficial Compatibility List

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
RazorBeamz

Re: Unofficial Compatibility List

Post by RazorBeamz » December 24th, 2014, 9:30 pm

After Burner for NES, a Tengen cart, is not recognized and has garbled graphics.

EDIT: Scratch that, it works fine. I'm an idiot.

EDIT 2: I have one that does need to be added to the list. Animaniacs for Game Boy [NA]. There's sound effects, but no music, probably because when it loads in Super Game Boy mode it tries to play the enhanced soundtrack that's on the cart for SNES and the emulator doesn't know what to do with it.

EDIT3: Sega Arcade Collection on GBA runs but doesn't display correctly. OutRun, for example, doesn't even render cars on the road, making the game a lot easier.

shanafan

Post by shanafan » January 20th, 2015, 9:26 pm

Haven't been able run Donkey Kong Classics, even after a tough cleaning and factory reset. I get the failed to dump ROM error.

Ixxat

Post by Ixxat » January 26th, 2015, 4:45 am

Landstalker for Genesis.
Retron 5
2.2 firmware
Loads, but kicks you to the system menu when trying to load a save or start a new game

LoneGun

Post by LoneGun » January 26th, 2015, 9:12 pm

Running 2.2 firmware:

Mother for Famicom. 2 different carts and both cleaned. Get unknown cart every time. Earlier firmwares read the game.

SD Keiji Blader for Famicom. 2 different carts in great condition. Get unknown cart every time. Has been this way since I got my preorder Retron from Amazon.

All of my other Famicom games work fine.

Happy to report that Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajima for Super Famicom is now working though!

mzupeman

Post by mzupeman » January 30th, 2015, 6:50 pm

I've got an issue with SNES Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Cart is clean as can be. Its' the only game I'm having this issue with, and I'm using the latest firmware. Basically, I'm getting sound dropouts. Sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for about a minute.

asmith906

Post by asmith906 » February 8th, 2015, 6:50 pm

Do famicom Multicarts work on the retron 5?

theandyman85

Post by theandyman85 » April 30th, 2015, 8:58 pm

SNES US version of Mechwarrior 3050 I cannot get to run. The cart is clean as a whistle and ran in my friend's SNES but no go on the Retron 5. Loads the Activision splash screen and once that disappears it just stays on a black screen.

ustor

Post by ustor » May 22nd, 2015, 2:52 pm

I tested some games that aren't in the list (and many that are -- with the same results as other contributors). Since I don't have edit privileges, I just created a new document and mimicked the format of the existing list. If I could get edit permissions, I'd be happy to splice these (and others, in the future) into the big list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

dashv
Site Moderator

Post by dashv » June 13th, 2015, 11:07 pm

ustor wrote:I tested some games that aren't in the list (and many that are -- with the same results as other contributors). Since I don't have edit privileges, I just created a new document and mimicked the format of the existing list. If I could get edit permissions, I'd be happy to splice these (and others, in the future) into the big list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Pm me your email address and I'll give you write access to the list. :)

Roystorey

Post by Roystorey » June 23rd, 2015, 2:30 am

asmith906 wrote:Do famicom Multicarts work on the retron 5?
I own a number of Famicom and GB multicarts. Unfortunately, if they run, either they only run the menu screen, or they only run the first game within the menu.

I do have some bootleg single-game carts that work fine even though unrecognized. So I'm guessing the Retron just doesn't play nice with menu'd carts.