Unofficial Compatibility List

Discussion and listing of Retron 5 cartridge compatibility.
Forum rules
Retron 5 and it's predecessors are trademarked Hyperkin, Inc. Retron name is copyright Hyperkin, Inc. Content found in these forums may be copyright the respective developers and studios which said content is associated with. Retro5.net makes no claim legal or otherwise to this content and user submitted content is not screened. That being said, please refrain from posting or linking to full rom files so that everyone leaves us alone. Sometimes dogs are round.
dashv
Site Moderator

Re: Unofficial Compatibility List

Post by dashv » September 19th, 2014, 12:07 am

Great questions guys.

It's frustrating when it's on the list as working for others but clearly not for you!

I've provided some tips to walk through on this sticky:

http://www.retro5.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52

Hope it helps.

Necrobot20XX

Post by Necrobot20XX » September 19th, 2014, 7:39 am

Same here, Yoshi and Pinball works for me as well.

heyuimintojsus

Post by heyuimintojsus » September 22nd, 2014, 6:11 pm

So what does it mean for my Willow game that it will play on the Retron 3, but not the 5 since a pic was posted here?

hikaricore
Site Admin

Post by hikaricore » September 22nd, 2014, 6:19 pm

Probably should try cleaning it really well and check that the pins aren't wobbling.

heyuimintojsus

Post by heyuimintojsus » September 22nd, 2014, 7:39 pm

It's not that because I did that first. It will come on and work on the Retron 3 fine.

dashv
Site Moderator

Post by dashv » September 22nd, 2014, 10:38 pm

heyuimintojsus wrote:It's not that because I did that first. It will come on and work on the Retron 3 fine.
I don't have a helpful response for you. :(

8BitsDeep

Post by 8BitsDeep » September 25th, 2014, 9:47 pm

Can anyone confirm that StarFox (SNES) and Legend of Zelda (NES, gold cart) work? My Retron recognizes the carts fine, but when playing both will freeze for a moment every 30 secs or so. It basically makes them unplayable.

I've had several games do the same sort of stutter once just after loading, no big deal, but for some reason with these two it just keeps happening.

dashv
Site Moderator

Post by dashv » September 26th, 2014, 3:12 am

8BitsDeep wrote:Can anyone confirm that StarFox (SNES) and Legend of Zelda (NES, gold cart) work? My Retron recognizes the carts fine, but when playing both will freeze for a moment every 30 secs or so. It basically makes them unplayable.

I've had several games do the same sort of stutter once just after loading, no big deal, but for some reason with these two it just keeps happening.
I've played and beaten Star Fox on the Retron 5. So I can confirm that one as working without issue right now.

Zelda I have played but only for a short period of time.

If it does it for several games there may be a problem with your system. What firmware are you on?

8BitsDeep

Post by 8BitsDeep » September 26th, 2014, 7:32 am

Latest firmware, v2.0. Happened on the previous firmware too.

Guess it's time to contact Hyperkin. :/

Edit: Out of curiosity, is the Retron's main menu normally unresponsive when first accessed after playing a game? After selecting "Return to Main Menu", I have to wait a few seconds before the cursor will respond.

Captured a video of the problem if anyone is curious: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/367 ... tering.mp4

dashv
Site Moderator

Post by dashv » September 26th, 2014, 12:03 pm

8BitsDeep wrote:Latest firmware, v2.0. Happened on the previous firmware too.

Guess it's time to contact Hyperkin. :/

Edit: Out of curiosity, is the Retron's main menu normally unresponsive when first accessed after playing a game? After selecting "Return to Main Menu", I have to wait a few seconds before the cursor will respond.

Captured a video of the problem if anyone is curious: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/367 ... tering.mp4
Nope. I would contact Retron Tech first. He's pretty good and can help you determine if it's something that can be fixed on your end or if it needs to be sent in for RMA.